Stage Hand


BY: Sarai


 

   Disclaimer: Thank you Tanya for betaing this. This is my first attempt on writing anything like this so bear with me. I dont own anyone that includes me.

 I sat as quietly as I could, trying not to irritate an already angry Gigs pacing in front of the couch I was sitting on. She mummered to her self, trying to figure out a reasonable punishment for using the hallway just out side her and Asher's room as a slip-n-slide while she was gone.

With a sigh she said, "Since we seem to be short with background help at the stag party your punishment will be helping everyone out backstage doing odd jobs...helping the people who need help getting in or in some cases out of their costumes, telling us who's next..you get the general idea." She had finally stopped pacing and turned to me. The look in her eyes was dead serious. " But you are by no means to go anywhere and I mean ANYWHERE else but backstage.And with a light glint of amusement in her eyes she added, "wouldn't want hungry vampires mistaking you for a snack, now would we?"

I invoulentary shuddered as she left because I knew that she wasn't talking about Asher, Damien, or Jean-Claude. No, if they were to feed from me, which Anita wouldn't aprove of me being fourteen and all, then it wouldn't be so bad. But with some of the lesser vamps, and several guests that would staying here, it might not be a pleasent affair .Also there was the fact that I was minor and the party was being held in a tent inside the circus, and there was stripping, alcohol, and other activities I should not indulge in.

I pushed the thought out of my mind and walked to the mirror that was in my room. I was staying here with Jean-Claude and co. for awhile. The room I was staying in was huge, everything was done in black and red,my two favorite colors, including the wooden vanity. Several pieces of wooden furniture were a wood stained so dark I considered it black. I picked up a brush and combed my curly dark brown hair and stared into my own dark brown eyes framed by my dark maroon almost black glasses. 'Boy,' I thought 'this should be interesting!'