Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Bitter



Part 1


He felt cold all around him, engulfing him, embracing him. Then suddenly as quickly as the comfort of the darkness fell upon him it was gone and he was left with pain. Overwhelming hurt. Out of force his eyelids fluttered open and he was eye to eye with his steering wheel.
Groaning he leaned back against the seat and looked out of the broken windshield. It was snowing hard and the car was fairly buried. Turning his head to the left her cursed feeling a sharp pain in his neck, looking he saw the car's windows were all broken out.
Looking back out of what used to be the windshield he could see the car was pointing the wrong direction.
He could feel the darkness pulling back at him and he welcomed it.
He woke again more lucid than before. He emembered they lost control on a back road they'd taken. They. Suddenly he remembered his passenger. Turning his head to the right gingerly he gasped seeing her. "Mac" he breathed weakly.
Her body was back against the seat and she was slumped slightly towards the door. Her beautiful face was now marred with cuts and gashes.
Forgetting about his own pain he quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and then reached for hers. Grasping the belt he pulled and was surprised to find the belt was ripped in half. Her usually clean uniform was stained crimson and was torn in some spots and he could see her hand was resting in her at lap awkward angle. "Mac!" he called louder and received a small grown.
"Hey marine open your eyes for me." He whispered leaning towards her and ignoring the shooting pain in his side.
"H-harm" she breathed softly not opening her eyes. Reaching over slowly se caressed her face gently and she flinched in pain.
"Sarah look at me" he ordered.
She could hear someone calling her name softly while the comforting obscurity she'd come almost accustomed to faded quickly and was replaced with sharp pain. She thought a cry passed her lips but she wasn't sure. "Mac!" the voice was more urgent now. Slowly the darkness faded and was replaced with white, coldness and pain.
Gradually her vision cleared and she could see there was snow. She couldn't remember what happened, but she could feel a trickle of warm liquid on the side of her face. There was an intense pain in her head and when she tried to lift her right arm she cried out looking down at her hand her arm was broken a bone protruding from her forearm. "Mac" she heard the voice again and she turned her head slowly to the left.
"Harm" she breathed seeing his face cut and bruised. "What happened." She asked weakly staring him in the eye pushing the fear away.
"I think we got in an accident" he said before turning away from her. "Somebody will be here to help."
She said looking through the demolished windshield. "No, Mac, no one knows where we are remember we took the back roads. We were supposed to be in Washington at 2:00pm, what time is it now?" he asked her looking over.
"I don't…" Harm watched as her eyes caught in the back of her head. " Mac! Mac! Stay With me Sarah." He called desperately as she slipped back into the convivial darkness.

~Back~*~Fanfic Home~*~Next~