Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Crossroads

Mac was unsure of how long they had laid there and kissed. She loved being in his arms like that, just kissing him. It had been unbelievable calming. For the first time in a long time they were being completely honest with each other
He was finally letting her in to the one place he had always closed off from her, and she wasn’t expecting everything from him in one moment as she had always done.
In her heart she realized how hard it really was for him to open up, but in that realization she also realized that once she showed him she wasn't going to run from him, she wasn’t going to use him, that she truly loved him just as much, and she was just as scared, He let the anxiety dwindle.
As she lay there watching him, he looked peaceful for the first time in months. She could see the lines of worry slowly disappearing.
She heard his steady breathing and fought to keep the tears from falling. Damn this man in all his beauty, he did things to her that she had promised herself she wouldn’t ever let a man do to her, but she loved him for it.
She stood and went his closet, pulling some comfortable clothes out she quickly changed. Harm stirred in his sleep, reaching out for the warm body he knew should be there.
She smiled at the gesture, only with Harm did she like sharing a bed with. She went and sat down on the edge of the bed.
When he didn’t feel her his eyes came open “Hey...” he whispered. “What are you doing out of my arms.” he couldn’t explain how in such a short time it felt like his entire heart had sprang to life. No longer was he alone in this world, no longer did he look at life and wondering and it hadn’t even been a full 24 hours since they had talked. And yet there so much left to talk about.
But in his heart he knew he had her, really had her, could talk to her, touch her any way he wanted. He knew that there would always be someone there for him, to love him, support him, kick his six when he needed it and most of all cherish everything about him.
She smiled down at him as her hand came to his forehead, running her fingers through his hair. “How are you?” she just wanted to watch him for the rest of her life, he would never understand how grateful she was that he was alive and okay. His eyes drifted closed for a moment as he felt her fingers. “I’m okay, My knee is killing me.... I would be a million times better if you were in this bed with.”
“Let me go get you some Motrin for you knee... I will be right back.”
True to her work she was back in less than 3 minutes. “Here you take this.” she handed him a glass of water and two small orange capsules.
“Thank you.” he said to her as she crawled into bed next him. “I’m not sure how I’ve lived so long without you.” He pulled her close to his body. “This is all I’ve ever needed.” Sleep was slowly creeping back up on.

She sighed continently in his arms as the warmth of his body sheltered her. Never again would she live without this man by her side.
“Thank you.”
“For what?” he looked down at her.
“For dumping that Tomcat in the ocean the other night.” she smiled slightly, though she was very serious.
His laughter rumbled under her ear, deep in his chest. “Your welcome, in fact gosh if I would know that all I had to do to get us here was take a 2 million dollar air craft up in a raging storm and dump it in the middle of the ocean I would have done it along time ago.”
Now it was her turn to laugh. “All right flyboy just don’t ever do anything even close to that again.”
He couldn’t promise her, because it as something he wasn’t sure would never happen again, and he wasn’t about to make a promise to her he couldn’t keep. But at least in his heart he knew that she understood his need and love to fly and she accepted and would never try to take it away from him. For that he would always be grateful. “I will do my very best Marine.”
That was good enough for her. “I love you.”
“I love you too baby.”
The End


~Back~

~Fanfic Home~