Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Crossroads


Her body finally relaxed next his and she breathed in his very scent. She had let herself cry as he held her close this his body. And she hadn’t cared. She ouldn’t have cared at that moment if Mic had walked in or evenRenee. She wanted to feel him close to her.
The nurse came in and went to his side. “I’m sorry... do you need me to move?”
”No... no your fine. I just have to take his blood pressure. I haven’t seen him this relaxed since he got. You stay where you are.”
Mac smiled at the nurse and watched her. Harm pulled Mac closer to him as he stirred a little in his sleep.
“He hasn’t yet woke while I was doing. He must be a heavy sleeper.” She finished with his blood pressure and wrote something down before turning back to Mac.
“Do you need anything Miss? Can I get you a pillow....”
“No I’m fine ... Thank you.”
“Yes it looks like you’ve got the best pillow a women could ever ask for.” With that she headed out of the room.

~ ~ ~

05:15 Zulu
Bethesda Naval Hospital
Room 123


The Admiral stepped into the room and Harm looked up at him. He had been awake for 45 minutes. Mac was breathing lightly at his side sound asleep.
“Admiral.” Harm spoke.
The Admiral fought to keep the smirk of his face.
“Well Commander... Feeling any better?”
“Yes Sir I’m feeling much better.”
“You and the Colonel talk last night?” he nodded towards the sleeping body next to his.
“No Sir we didn’t.”
His eye brows raised. Well he knew that the Commander was a man of not many words when it came to women.
“I will tell you what I told her. Fix whatever is going between the two you and do it quickly.”
“Yes Sir we will.”
“The nurse tells me you are being realized today. I want you to take a few weeks off.” he paused a moment watching Harm. He could tell that the Commander was nervous. No doubt from the current position he found himself in. “And a little advice Commander wake her soon, before the other women in our life gets here. No doubt Mic will be looking for her as well in a few short hours.”
“Yes Sir I can do that.”
“Now how the hell are you son?”
He smiled at his C.O. I’m doing better Sir, I’m doing alot better.”

~ ~ ~

It was a short time later when Mac opened her eyes and shifted only slightly. She didn’t want to hurt him.
“Hey Marine. Your awake.”
“Yea... How are you.” she was still tired, her eyes were dry and itchy, her head was pounding and she was starving.
“I’m doing better....” his concern was her.
“You still don’t look so good...”
“Thanks Harm.” she pulled away from him stood up stretching. He felt the emptiness of her departure. “I hope you slept okay last night.” she stood next to him, she was already missing the warmth of his body.
“Like I haven’t spent in years.” his eyes never left hers.
“Harm are you sure your okay. Your feeling all right and everything.” she wanted to reach out to him and run her hand over his body to make sure he was alright.
“Really I’m okay.... But I’m worried about you..... When was the last time you ate?”
Their eyes locked and neither of them could say anything at all.
Renee entered Harm’s room and was aware of the amazing electricity floating around in the room. She seen them standing there, looking at each other but they weren’t talking. What was going on?
“Hey ... there... how are you.”
Renee’s booming voice killed the moment Mac backed away. “Well I just wanted to check on you this morning. I will be getting on my way. Good morning Renee.”
“Mac... have a nice day.”
“Sure... you too.” she looked around picking up her things and heading for the door. She looked once more at Harm, god how she wished she didn’t have to leave.
“Well... how long has she been here?” Harm smoothed the blankets down “I don’t ... not long.... How are you this morning?”
“Great.. I thought I would come by and see how you were doing.”
“I’m fine.. they are realizing me today.”
“Well good I will come by and take you home then.”
“You really don’t have too.”
“No I wouldn’t mind at all.”
~ ~ ~

15:47 Zulu
JAG Headquarters
Falls Church, Virginia


Mac was looking over a few files that Gunny had given to her when she heard a knock on her door. “Enter” she yelled without looking up.
The Admiral walked in found her right where he knew she would be. “Colonel.”
With the Admiral’s voice ringer in her ears she found herself on her feet. “Admiral I’m sorry I didn’t know it as you. Did I miss a meeting or something?” she looked down at her watch.
“No, No ... nothing like that... I umm I wanted to see how you were doing.”
“Oh just fine Sir... catching up on somethings.”
“Well why don’t you catch up on them say the day after tomorrow.”
“Excuse me Admiral.” she said looking at him.
“I want you to go home, and I don’t want to see you in this office until the day after tomorrow. I want you to go home rest and eat something. You look like death warmed over.”
“Admiral. I’m fine ... really I just need to work...”
“Excuse Colonel did you not hear? That was in case you are confused a direct order.”
“Yes Sir, Sorry Sir.” he said raising his voice a degree. “I want you out of this office in no less than 20 minutes. Give anything that needs immediate attention to Lt. Sims and she will take care of it.”
“Yes Sir.”
“Good. I will see you in a few days.”

~ ~ ~

Renee opened the door of Harm’s Apartment and went in, he was close behind still walking slow from the pain in his knee and ribs. “Are you okay... you look like your in alot of pain.”
“I’m fine.” he just wanted to sit down and what he really wanted was to be alone for a little awhile. He made his way toward the couch.
“What in the hell...” it was a low whisper and
Harm turned towards her. “What did you say?”
“What is she doing here?”
“Who?” he asked as he sat down.
“Mac.” she moved aside and Harm gazed towards his bedroom and seen her laying on his bed asleep.
“I don’t know...”
“Well how did she get in?”
“With her key.” the moment it was out of his mouth he knew it was going to be a fight.
“Her key. I don’t even have a key and I’m your girlfriend.”
“Its not a big deal... I have a key to her place. Its for emergieces.”
Oh like this. What is she doing here in your bed?” She knew she was getting too upset but the last few days had been long, she was tired of Mac always being around. At the hospital, at JAG, in his heart, in his house.
“She is not in my bed, she is on my bed... there is difference.” ‘A big difference “and as long as she is could we keep it down so we don’t wake her.”
“Well what is wrong with her?”
“I don’t know Renee I just got here. Maybe her and Mic are fighting.”
“So what she came running to you.”
“Renee that is really enough. She didn’t know what time I was going to home today.”
“Whatever... I can’t...” she stopped trying to get her thought together. She took one more glance towards his room. “You know what I’m tired, and I your tired and I don’t want to fight with you. I’m going.” It was a mere second later and she was out the door.

~Back~

~Fanfic Home~ ~Next~