Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Damaged Goods



Part 1


He watched from afar as she got into her small 'vette, tossing her briefcase and cover into the passengers seat. She was so beautiful he had to have her. Needed her. He would have her, he loved her and she loved him.
Looking over at his own passenger seat he idly fingered one of the many photographs he'd taken of Lt. Colonel Sarah Mackenzie, his hand coming to rest on one of her in her apartment in the shower.He had to have her.
Mac pulled slowly out of her parking spot that read 'Chief of Staff' and sped off toward home. Slowly a black SUV pulled out from the darkened end of the parking lot and slowly creped behind her, following her.
Commander Harmon Rabb JR. hurriedly pulled on his coat, "Damn" he muttered glancing at his watch and realizing how late it actually was, nearly 11:30pm. Harm turned and grabbed all the files from his desk and noticed the Wilkson file. "Damn!" he exclaimed again.
He and Mac had been working all night on the case and she'd forgotten the damn file. Moving quickly he tucked the file in his briefcase shut and locked his office and walked quickly to his vehicle.
Mac walked slowly to her apartment balancing a stack of folders cautiously in one hand while the other unlocked the door. Using her foot she kicked it open just as her cell phone began ringing. Depositing her load on the table she pulled out her phone from her briefcase.
"Mackenzie" Mac sighed into the receiver as she began removing her shoes.
"Hey Mac where are you?" Harms voice boomed over the line.
"Harm?" she asked faking confusion
"Oh Yeah Mac, sorry" Harm laughed
"I just got home, why?" she said unbuttoning her jacket.
"You left the Wilkson file in my office, I'm just making' sure you're home so I can stop by and drop it off." He smiled into the phone.
"Well I'm here all night Navy." She whispered sexily and received the laugh shed been going for.
"Alright I'll be there in 45 minutes." He chuckled.
"Okay, I'll be waiting Fly-boy" She whispered breathlessly.
"Alright Marine I'm on my way" He said and hastily hung up the phone, he would have lost it if she'd continued playing her 'lets be all sexy' act and it was happening so often that he could barely tell of she was joking or absolutely serious. He wished she were serious.
There was a knock at the door as she hung up the phone and she then saw that she'd left it ajar. A man was tapping on it gently; he was tall and well built and wore black clothing and a ski cap.
"Umm can I help you" Mac stammered standing quickly trying to contain the fear that was all but consuming her. " I love you, " he whispered taking a step inside her apartment and shutting the door and locking it. "WHAT?" Mac asked taking a step backwards, searching for an escape route and finding none. "I love you Sarah," The man growled.
'Maybe I can take him' she thought eyeing him up. 'To big' she thought. Suddenly she realized she had her cell phone in her hand she quickly dialed *69.
Before anyone could answer the man somehow managed to leap over the couch and tackled her, sending the phone sliding across the floor, the rug stopping it.
'Oh God No' her brain screamed, sending her into motion. She lashed out desperately scratching at his face and arms and kicking her legs frantically, nailing him in the knees. "Gawd Dammit Sarah stop struggling. Don't fight me," He barked, then moved to pin her hands above her head.
"Stop. Please don't do this," she cried trying to push him away.
On the other of Mac's disregarded cell phone harm could hear everything. A male voice barking at her not to fight and Mac crying out telling him, begging him to stop. He could hear that they were fighting both of them struggling with effort. "Mac" Harm screamed into the receiver, as he drove faster.
Suddenly there was a loud slap then silence. "Mac can you hear me. Pick up the phone Mac." Harm cried panic overwhelming him. Suddenly the silence ended and there was a coupling of sickening thwaps as his fist met Mac's body.
Turning the corner Harm stepped on the pedal again as he neared Mac's home.
He couldn't even call 911 not wanting to hang up on her.
Mac lay under the man in semi consciousness as he caressed her face apologizing for the blood and the bruises that now covered her body. "I'm sorry Sarah but you kept fighting me, this is your fault, you made me do this. I'm sorry." he apologized as he pulled out a switchblade.
Mac dimly noticed that he began cutting her clothes off.
On the line Harm could hear the one sound he'd been dreading, the ripping of clothes. "Mac. Mac can you hear me. I'm almost there, just hold on." Harm yelled desperately. He nearly died as he heard Mac begging him to stop in a small whispery voice, pleading with him. "Sarah stop crying please. Just let me love you. Shhhhh don't cry Sarah, I only want to be with you. I love you" Harm heard the man say and Mac whimper in response. Then his world shattered as he heard the man groan and Mac cry out simultaneously. 'Oh God, No' his mind cried knowing what was happening and all he could do was listen to the obscene noises of the man and Mac's pleading and pained whispers for him to stop.
"Please stop." She begged softly as she slipped towards unconsciousness.
"I love you Sarah," he whispered as he collapsed on top of her. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He said before leaning in and forced his mouth to hers, his tongue prying her lips apart. Pulling back he smiled.
Harm was almost there as he drove erratically towards her building, Phone firmly plastered to his ear. "I love you Sarah" He heard the man whisper.
Mac shuddered as she felt cool steel resting in the valley between her breasts over her heart.
Harm heard Mac begin pleading again. 'What the hell is he doing to her' he thought then heard the man. "I love you Sarah. Tell me you love me Sarah," he growled. Then faintly he heard Mac gently murmur, "I love you".
Mac blacked out as she felt the steel of his switchblade slide slowly into her chest, between her ribs, while he pressed his lips firmly to hers stealing her breath.
Harm didn't even bother taking the elevator as he sprinted up the floors of stairs to Mac's apartment. On his way He'd managed to dial 911 and give them the address.
Reaching Mac's apartment he kicked the door in and gasped at what he found. Mac curled in a fetal position on the floor a piece of her uniform modestly thrown over her naked form and there was blood staining her light colored carpet. "Oh God Mac." He cried running to her side. Pressing his fingers to her neck and found a light weak pulse. "Ok you're gonna be ok Mac, Sarah do you hear me? Help is coming." He whispered pressing his hands over the wound in her chest.' He stabbed her that son of a bitch I'm going to kill him' Harm swore.
Slowly he became aware of the sirens screaming in the distance. "They're coming Sarah," he whispered. "You're gonna be fine." He said to himself.
Mac became slowly aware that she was moving, but lying down. 'Open your eyes' her brain shouted. The floating feeling she'd become accustomed to slowly faded and was replaced by deep hurting. She could hear lots of murmuring around her. No yelling the voices around her was screaming things. "Mac c'mon you're gonna be okay." A soothing voice whispered. 'Good a friend is here' she thought absently as she drifted back into the darkness
Harm ran beside the gurney as the paramedics rushed her to the emergency room in Bethesda Naval Hospital. She was pushed past to door into a trauma room. The doctors hooked her to machines and began working quickly on her trying to stop the hemorrhage.
Suddenly a nurse was beside him pulling him away to a waiting area. "Sir does your wife have any other family?" The small plump woman asked. Harm looked down at her confusion clearly set on his features. "Uh, I'm not her husband and no she doesn't have any close family but I can call our CO." he said in a sort of daze.
"Okay what's you're name sir" the woman asked gently sensing his bewilderment.
"I'm Commander Rabb, her partner." He whispered.
"Do you know where I can use a phone?"
The woman smiled softly "Yes at the front desk" she said before turning and leaving.
Harm quickly found the Phone and dialed the Admiral's home number.
"Chegwidden." Came the slow answer.
"Sir." Harm whispered into the phone.
"Rabb this better be good do you have any idea what time it is." A.J. growled menacingly.
"Sorry to wake you sir but something happened."

~Back~*~Fanfic Home~*~Next~