Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Damaged Goods



Part 2



Her eyes fluttered open slowly and a bright light blinded her. Squinting, she could see people hovering above her. There gloved hands covered in blood, her blood. She looked inertly at the nurse above her, her lips were moving. 'Is she talking to me?' Mac wondered absentmindedly. Suddenly the voice that accompanied the nurse pierced her ears.
"Ms. Mackenzie can you hear me?" The nurse asked while she flashed a light in her eyes.
'I'm a Colonel' she thought to herself but couldn't get the words out. Slowly the voice faded to the back of her mind as she fell back into the welcoming darkness.
"Commander?" Admiral Chegwidden startled Harm as he tapped him lightly on the shoulder.
"Hello Sir" Harm said grimly.
"How is she son?" AJ asked without hesitation. "What the hell happened?"
Harm felt his heart twist at the question.
"Uhm Sir Mac was attacked at her home. He beat her, raped her and stabbed her in the chest." Harm blurted out holding in a sob.
"Son how do you know all this did the police tell you this?" AJ asked taking in everything.
"NO Mac called me I was supposed to drop off some files for her and when I was on my way my cell rang and I could hear everything in the background. And I couldn't help her I just sat there and listened to him hurting her." Harm growled in anger of himself.
"Commander it's not you're fault" The Admiral assured him putting a supportive hand on his shoulder. Harm fought the urge to break down he had to be strong for Sarah he had to be strong for himself. "Sir will you excuse me I need to contact the Roberts" Harm said.
"I'll do it Commander, You just wait for Mac." AJ said walking towards the phone.
Four hours later Harm quickly stood "I'm Commander Rabb. How is Sarah?" He asked hardly noticing that the Admiral was standing beside him along with Harriett and Bud who had come in 20 minutes after getting the Admirals call.
"Hello I'm Dr. Remington. Miss Mackenzie is out of surgery and is now recovering. But it's very touch-and-go right now. She crashed three times but of course we managed to resuscitate her. Her injuries were extensive besides her chest wound there was some internal damage, broken ribs and massive bruising she also suffered small facial fractures but there's nothing we can do for that.
Also Ms. Mackenzie was raped, the nurses have done a rape kit and it has been sent to the lab." Doctor Remington said very professionally.
Harm stood with a brave facade while Harriett and Bud were dumbstruck into silence. "Oh God" Harm heard Harriett whisper.
"Can we see her?" The Admiral asked taking charge of the situation.
"Yes, though she is heavily sedated. Nurse James will see you to her." Remington said summoning the nurse
Harm remembered from his earlier arrival. Harm was unanimously chosen to see her first. So the nurse led him to Macs room.
"I'm sure she can hear you Commander" nurse James smiled warmly and Harm nodded "Thank you." And pushed open the door. The sight in front of him made his heart stop.

~Back~*~Fanfic Home~*~Next~