Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Damaged Goods



Part 3


Harm quietly stepped into the room silence his initial gasp. She was hooked up to vital machines controlling her breathing and body functions.
The rhythmic beat of her heart monitor sounding painfully deafening in his ears.
For a while he stood at the doorway, arms crossed over his chest as if he were interrogating a witness in court. 'Mac would be laughing if she saw me now.' Harm thought as he watched her.
She looked so fragile like a small child though he knew Sara Mackenzie was no child. Taking a breath of confidence he went over to the chair at her bedside and took a seat and sat in silence listening to the medical melody. Sighing he took her hand in his, he noticed her palms were slightly damp and warm. "Hey Mac, I know you can hear me. You're okay, you're safe now." He whispered stroking the back of her hand.
"I'm going to kill him Sarah." He growled angrily while he counted the lines on her palm and her fingers tightened on his vaguely.
Raising his eyes to her face he noticed sweat breaking out on her forehead. "Mac?" Harm asked not expecting a response.
Suddenly her hand gripped his in a strong hold while the other curled in to a fist and her back arched off the bed.
Her heart monitor sped up as she began gasping for air. "Mac? Mac NO." Harm yelled standing hastily knocking over the chair he'd been sitting on. "Help someone Help nurse." Harm shouted not wanting to release her hand.
Finally Dr. Remington and four nurses burst into the room. "Dammit she's having a reaction. Get the shock cart ready." Doctor Remington shouted loudly.
"What happened? How could this happen?" Harm asked the nurse as she pushed him out into the waiting room, where AJ and Bud stood helplessly.
"I don't know Commander. I just don't know."
"She's crashing!" Harm could hear one of the nurses' screams.
He lost it pushing past nurse James and ran back to Mac's room. He burst unnoticed into the room as the doctor began performing CPR. "Charge the paddles to 200." Remington ordered. Suddenly Harm was grabbed from behind. "Mac. Sarah. C'mon you can make it." He shouted as AJ pulled him from the room. "Let me go. Dammit she needs me! I wasn't there for her! She needed me and I wasn't there! I need to be there now! I-I need to be in there! Get the Hell off me! She needs my help!" Harm yelled fighting his CO.
All military precautions thrown out the window under the circumstances. "There wasn't any thing you could do Rabb, and you can't help Sarah out here acting like a mad man." The Admiral said loosening his grip on the Commander.
Unexpectedly Harm slumped to the floor, head bowed and he ran his fingers through his dark hair.
"Admiral, I-I-I should've gotten there faster or called the police but I just let it happened. And I could hear him. I could hear him screaming at her and hitting her and Mac was begging him to stop but he didn't. The son of a bitch wouldn't. And he was telling her how much he loved her and how she'd made him hit her it was all her fault. He said he loved her right before he-he. And she was crying. Mac he made Mac beg him to stop and he wouldn't. Then when he was done he told her he loved her again and he made her say it back to him. And she did, she said it and you know why she said it? Because she just knew he was going to kill her so she said it. She gave up and he stabbed her. He told her he loved her while he did it. I'm going to kill him, for Sarah." Harm sobbed with his head in his hands.
"Commander would the Colonel want you to ever murder anyone?" the Admiral asked taken aback by Harms outburst.
"I know how you feel but you can't." He sighed;
"As much as you want to you, I cant" he said sliding down the wall and beside his anguished friend.

~Back~*~Fanfic Home~*~Next~