Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Damaged Goods



Part 4


BEEP…BEEP…BEEP… The steady pace of her heart monitor brought Mac back to reality.
She forced her eyes to flutter open but they slammed shut as bright light greeted her. 'Dammit marine open your eyes!' ordering herself like any good marine would and her eyes again flickered open and remained.
She couldn't tell if the light that blinded her came through a window or was like the artificial light that blinded her before. Letting her eyes adjust to the light she glanced around the unfamiliar place. She looked down at herself and saw tubes and needles stuck in her arms and she became aware of the respirator she was connected to.
Suddenly she remembered what happened at her apartment and impulsive panic overwhelmed her. She couldn't scream for help or even move hooked up to the damned machine. She watched the heavy waiting for someone to walk in as she heard voices approaching.
" C'mon Harm." Chloe said tugging on Harms arm pulling him towards Mac's room. Harm followed gloomily as Mac's 'sister' led him to the room. "Maybe Macs awake right now" she said hopefully. 'Always the optimist' he thought as he followed her "I hope so".
It been weeks since Mac arrived at the hospital and after her reaction to the medication they'd given her and being weakened by the surgery to repair her chest wound she'd slipped into a comma.
Now everyone was hopeful that she'd wake soon and Dr. Remington had assured tem she would.
Mac felt her lids growing heavy as the door swung open. "OH God!" she heard someone whisper then Chloe was over her.
"Mac you're awake. We've been waiting for you to come around!" Chloe exclaimed happily staring down at her. Mac wanted to say something. Anything, but it took all her strength just to stay conscious. "Harm what are you waiting for? Get over her!" Chloe yelled turning to look back at the door towards Harm.
Next Harm was kneeling beside her bed and she turned her head so they were face to face. She was surprised to see unshed tears in Harm's eyes. "Hey-Hey marine." Harm whispered holding back a sob. He gently took her hand in his.
"Chloe, go get the doctor." Harm said never breaking eye contact with Mac.
"Ok Harm." Chloe almost shouted with joy before running from the room. His thumb brushed lovingly against the back of her hand. "You're gonna be ok Mac." He smiled and she nodded slowly. 'Stay awake Mac' she told herself but knew this order was one she couldn't oblige, as her eyes grew heavy and she struggled to keep them open. "Hey Mac stay awake a little longer the doctors on his way." He smiled and she nodded but even so her eyes did flutter shut.
Harm gently ran his finger through her hair "Thank God you're here Sarah"
Harm whispered softly pressing his lips to her forehead.

~Back~*~Fanfic Home~*~Next~