Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

No Doubt



Kate couldn’t keep the smile from her lips. Like everyone else she could see how they felt for each other, but unlike everyone else she wasn’t so willing to leave it alone.

“Mac we need to talk inside.”
Mac let Harms jacket fall from hr shoulders as she handed it back to him.
His eyes never left hers. “Kate.” he said in a lowly warning.
She took a step closer to him. “Its alright blue eyes, you need to catch your breath and cool off anyways. Don’t you worry about a thing.” she pushed Mac inside.

Once in side she said hello to ever and did her best to smile and the friendly face as they all checked her out, those that didn’t know her looked her up and down and the ones that did gave her the questioning look.
Renee’s heart drop at the sight of the two women together. Kate was someone she didn’t need hanging around. She was another women to compete with.
The Admiral did his best to not bust up laughing at the sight of Kate standing in front him. Pour Harm. His heart went out to him. “Well Kate its nice to see you. Glad you found the place okay.” He really like Kate. She did her best to take control of things in her own way and she wasn’t under his command, so come what may he didn’t have to supervise to much. “Admiral.” she smiled at him. “I need to speak with
Mac in private about a personal matter. Is there some place I can steal her away for a moment?” This got the Admirals attention. The only thing those two women had in common was Harm. “Well ... sure.. the guest bedroom is upstairs. First door on your left. But make it quick. We have a cake to cut and the
Colonel has spent enough time away from the party.” he smiled at her.
“Yes sir.” Mac said quietly. Her eyes found Mic’s looking back at her. She could see he was concerned but at that moment she blocked it out.

Harm stepped inside just in time to see the two women heading upstairs. He started towards them, all thought of were he was slipped away.
Renee seen the look on his face as the two women disappeared into a room and moved over next to him taking his arm. “Hey... I was getting worried about you.”
Harm couldn’t believe what on single kiss from that women had done to his head, to his heart, to his very soul. He pulled his arm from Renee’s. “There is no need to worry about me.”
Renee followed him as he started into the kitchen.
Pulling the refrigerator open he pulled out a beer and opened it.
Renee never seen him drink. He was inclined to have drink with dinner sometime, a few times she had seen him drink out side the office. But not to offered. She gathered it was because Mac had a problem with alcohol to some extend. But he had never fully admitted that to her. It surprised her to see him down a beer in less than a minute and half.
“Harm is everything okay?”
He turned away from her, his angry boiling on the surface, which only enraged him more because he wasn’t one to get angry over much anything. He had learned along time ago there is a time and a place to show angry.
This was not the time or the place. He took another beer from the refrigerator and opened it.
Renee new this was the beginning of what she knew was always going to happen and now she wasn’t sure she wanted to fight it. It seemed so much bigger than her.

~ ~ ~

As the door slammed to the bedroom Mac realized that someone caught them, someone witnessed what had happened. “Oh God”
Kate smiled. “Mac how the hell are you?”
“I don’t know.. How long were you standing there?”
“About the time Tiner came out to get you guys. I heard everything after that.” she had felt bad for not making herself known sooner. “I just couldn’t bring myself to interrupt such a romantic moment.”
Mac sat down and put her head in her hands. “I kissed him. What was I thinking?”
Kate laughed. “No... you kissed him... He KISSED you. I didn’t think he was going to be able to move himself from your mouth without dying.” she shook her head “He never even kissed me that way.”
Mac looked up and for a moment she felt better. At least someone else saw whatm she felt. She wasn’t going crazy. She had seen it in his eyes, his true feelings.
“He is one hell of a kisser isn’t he?”
Mac had to laugh as some of the tension seeped out of the room. “Ya... buts not just his kiss.... I love him.” she didn’t care that she was not suppose to say it.
She need to say it someone. Anyone at this point.
“Then what the hell is the problem? Get on with it all ready.” ‘If it were only that simple.’ She threw her hands in the air. “Oh where do I start?”
Kate watched the frustration pouring from this women’s heart as she stood up.
Harm seemed to do this to every women in his life.
“I’ve tired so many times... you saw tonight. I laid it all down ... and he didn’t do anything.”
“Have you asked him ... why?”
“Yes... we spent 3 hours out there talking about our past ... and us... our friendship.....”
“What did he say?”
“Some pilot crap about losing control in his world and dying.”
It finally hit Kate. So plainly “Losing control?” she questioned, placing everything together. Things he had said over the years, his actions. It all made so much sense now.
Mac didn’t even notice the look that took over
Kate’s eyes. “That damn pilot ego of his. I won’t give everything and get nothing back.”
Kate understood what was going on in Harm’s head, if that was possible and she needed to make Mac understand.
She walked over and stood in front of her. “Look .. him losing control down here on the ground is not going to kill him.” she looked at the other women willing her to understand. “Each time he has not been in control... what has happened?”
A chill ran through Mac’s body as the truth hit her in the face. And the truth was to much, she had seen it before in his eyes and she was understand it fully now.
Her legs gave way and she reached the for the closest thing. “Someone dies.” she whispered.
Kate felt for her. To love Harm was alot of work. Alot more work than she had ever been willing to do.
“Harm does not let people into his heart easily.
In fact I can count on one hand how many people he has let himself truly love, and on the same hand I can count how many of those people have died.”
“Oh god all this time... all this time I thought he just didn’t want to commit to me. How could I think he was so shallow?” she could do anything but laugh. Kate sat down next to her. “Mac I did see fear in his eyes tonight... but I also seen alot of angry. This is really killing him.”
“Well what do I do ?”
“You don’t get married.”
Before she could say anything there was a knock on the door. Mic spoke softly “Sarah love .. the Admiral is getting upset. Its time to do the cake.” Mac looked at Kate. “Okay lets get though this and then I will do something. I don’t know what... but I will do something.” she made her way towards the door.

~Back~

~Fanfic Home~ ~Next~