Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

No Doubt

As the toast was made her eyes locked with Harm’s. Before it was even finished he was taking a drink. She could see the glossy look in his eyes, she had never seen him even remotely drunk.
Now here he was, at the Admiral’s house, downing one drink after another, with no care for who was around, or what was going on.
Mac did her best to keep a smile on her face as she thanked everyone for everything, but her concern was on a certain commander who appeared to having trouble standing. In her heart she just wanted this to all end.

Kate walked over to the to Renee who was standing by the fire place.
“Kate.” she said, she had been standing there for over 45 minutes and Harm hadn’t said anything to her and she was more than angry with him.
“Renee... Did you need a ride or something. I’m not sure Harm is going to be able to drive.”
“No he is not.” she didn’t hide her dislike for this women at all. “I was going to take him home.”
“Well... I’m staying at his place.. and I caught a cab over so I will take him.”
“That is it. I don’t know what is going on with you and him or him and Mac... but I’m tired of this.” before she could even respond to the outburst Renee was leaving.
Harm was standing out on the porch, at the very end trying to get some fresh airas he witnessed Kate follow Renee off out the door. “Hey baby....” he started towards them, but was hit with a wave of dizziness.
Katie was at this side as he started to stubble.
“Harm” she spoke lightly
His arm fell around her shoulders. “Where you going honey?”
“Don’t call me honey.”
He started to follow Renee forgetting about Kate who was attached to his side now.
“Harm come on stop trying to walk.”
The Admiral stepped out on to the porch. Harm threw a hand in Renee’s direction “Ahh let her go. It doesn’t matter... hey will ya get me another drink... I lost mine... mine ... the last one.”
The Admiral folded his arms. “Commander I think you’ve had enough.”
Harm shook his head. “No... No I don’t really think I have.”
Kate gripped his side. Oh God he was drunk.
“Commander I think its time for you to go home. I’ve not got any patience’s for you tonight. I will call you a cab.”
“Admiral.. I will drive him home.”
“Can you handle him?” he questioned.
“Yes sir... I can.” she was almost positive she could.
“Do you know what this about?”
Kate smiled only a little. “I’m sure if you ask the Colonel... I’m sure she would know better than me sir.”
“Hey leave her the hell out of this.” Harm yelled.
“Harm would you just stop it.. come on I will take you home.”
“What did you say to her... Kate... I want to know.” he stabled forward again.
Kate was much shorter than him and it was hard to steady his 6’4 frame.
“Harm... damn.” she mumbled.
The Admiral moved to his other side, slipping an arm around him. He wasn’t all that angry with him, he knew what women could do to you, but he was damn if he was going to let one drunk moment over turn the lives of his friends.
Harm’s vision blurred.
“Come on Kate. I will help you get him in the car at least.”
Mac watched from the window. It took both Kate and the Admiral to get him down the stairs. She was unsure of what to think.
The Admiral walked Kate to the drivers side of the car after helping her get Harm settled in.
“Kate are you sure you can handle him. I’ve never seen him like this.” he was becoming a little bit worried about the man in the car.
“Neither have I sir. Harm’s never been much of a drinker.”
“I fully intend to deal with him later and when I’m done with him he won’t be able to see straight and it won’t be drug induced.”
“Sir please don’t be to hard on him.” she had to pleaded with him. If she hadn’t shown up, he would have just went back in the house she was sure of it.
The Admiral reached for the car door. “Why do you women go so easy on that man?” She smiled “Its the Tomcats sir.... its the Tomcats.” she pulled the door closed.
The Admiral shook his head. “Damn I should learn how to fly those things... maybe it would change my luck.” he headed back to the house.

“Who has a Tomcat?” Harm questioned.
Kate rolled her eyes as she pulled the seat up closer to the steering wheel. She looked up and adjusted the mirror.
“Hey don’t touch that.”
Katie laughed. He was so possessive when it came to things that were his, or things he thought were his.
Harm sat back “What did you say to her?” his angry was growing.
Kate focused on the road. “Nothing Harm.”
Harm let his fist hit the dash board.
The sound caused Kate to jump as her eyes found his for only a moment.
He fell back into the seat. “Damn it. Leave her alone. Just leave her out of this.”
“The only thing this is about is HER.”
“Shut up Kate.”
She had never heard him speak that way to anyone. “Your drunk.?”

~ ~ ~

“Mic I just want to be alone for awhile.”
“Sarah I know something happened with you and him tonight. You need to decide what you want. If you want us to work I don’t want you seeing him anymore.”
“What?” the tears sprang to her eyes.
“Colonel, Mic... How are you ?” There was deep undertone in the Admiral’s voice. “I’m not sure how well that would work out. The Commander and the Colonel not seeing each other and all... sense how they work together and all.” His dislike for the man of her choose was growing by the minute.
“Admiral everything is fine.” Mac spoke lightly.
This whole night was not turning out how she thought it should have. “I just need some time alone. To think.” she spoke to both of the men standing in front of her.
“That might be a good idea Colonel.”

~ ~ ~

Kate unlocked the door and helped Harm inside. “Harm you and drinking don’t really mix.”
Harm made his way into the kitchen, leaning his weight on the counter. “Kate what are you doing here.”
“Trying to fix your life.”
“I don’t need your help. I want to know what you said to her?”
“The truth.” she stood in the living room facing him.
“Damn you Kate...” he pushed a glass bowl onto the floor and it shattered. “Tell me what the fuck you said to her.”
Kate wasn’t scared of him, she knew he wouldn’t ever hurt her and with all he had, had to drink she could drop him on the floor in 10 seconds flat. “Harm you need to go sleep it off.”
She made her way into the kitchen and started cleaning up the glass.
“Stop cleaning up Kate.” when she didn’t listen he repeated it again. “Kate stop cleaning up.”
“You stupid fool.”
“What in the hell did you just say.”
That was all it took. She stood up and leaped towards him, knocking him back.
She landed right on top of him. Pinning his shoulders to the floor she looked into his eyes.
“What is it going to take? Are you going to crash completely before you realized what you have?”
He didn’t say anything, he was in shock.
“You are being completely stupid. She loves you and you love her. You don’t kiss someone like you kissed her tonight and not be in love with them. You are fighting to stay in control of your life but all this time your life is just spinning out of control. You can’t keep everyone at arm’s length in your life so you don’t have to be alone.... because you know what ... they get tired of it and walk away.”
She took a deep breath, pulling back for a moment she sighed. “Harm your the most amazing man I’ve ever met, your so tender and kindhearted... but your going to lose this one.... everything that is important to you... your going to crash this tomcat into the middle of the ocean and die.”
Harm couldn’t take it for another moment. She had hit him the heart. He pushed her off of him and stood up heading to the bedroom.
Kate shook her head. He never listen to anything anyone tried to tell him. But what she couldn’t understand for the life of her was why he was being so hard headed. She understood his fears, but he always let his heart lead him. Why not now?

There was a knock on the door and stood up rushing herself off. When she pulled it open she smiled.
“Hey.....”
“Hey yourself... come on in.... but be warned he is being a jerk.”
Mac laughed. “He is drunk.... most drunks are jerks.”
Kate headed back to the kitchen to finish cleaning up.
“What happened?” Mac questioned
“Harm’s angry.”
Mac’s eyes widen as she bent down to and started helping her clean it up.
“Should I try and talk to him now?

~Back~

~Fanfic Home~ ~Next~