Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Weakness

Rating: Not for the kiddies/ adult content/adult situations/violence/language
Summary: Mac falls back into drinking and Harm goes after her. But in the end will he give her all of his heart? Pairings: Harm & Mac,
Disclaimers: I don't own these characters so don't sue.

22:10 Zulu
2812 M Street, Apt 4
Washington, Dc 20215
Command Rabb’s Apartment


Harm walked towards the phone running his hand through his hair. It was a little past ten and no one ever called him at this hour.
“Rabb” he said into the phone.
“Harm Its Mic.”
Harm rolled his eyes, he was beginning to hate this guy more and more as the days counted down to the wedding. He couldn’t help it, he just couldn’t let go of her. “Ya, whats up?”
Mic didn’t know how to ask him, he didn’t like the man that held Sarah’s heart in the palm of his hand, but he knew that Harm was the only person that could help. “Umm mate .. sorry its so late... but uhh look its Mac... and I wondering if she ... if ahh she was there...”
Harm squinted his eyes. “What about her?” he was a little confused.
“Is she there or not?” he asked shifted his weight, it was hard enough asking for his help.
Harm took a deep breath and sighed. “No she is not here. Why would she be here?” he was beginning to get upset.
Mic knew the sound of his voice well enough to know she wasn’t there and he had better just cut to the chase. Harm wouldn’t lie to him about this, he would have just loved to be able to tell him that she had coming running to him.
“Harm look... her and I had a little disagreement tonight ... and ummm well I think she is drinking... I’m worried about her.”
Harm’s eyes shot open. Drinking... she wouldn’t... she wasn't that weak....
“What in the hell did you do to her?” It had to be bad to drive her to that.
Mic griped the phone “I didn’t do anything to her...” It was all because of him, but Mic couldn't do this over the phone with him, he would deal with Harm later. “Look I thought that she would come to you before anyone.... I thought she might be there.. that is all.”
“Why do you think she is drinking? What the hell happened?” his question were coming out more severe than he wanted but he didn’t care.
“There is a half empty bottle of Vodka sitting on the counter and she is gone.”
His mouth went dry. That had been her choose of drink last time. There was never any question he would find her. “Great....” he sighed. “I will find her.... you just stay away from her for awhile.” Harm slammed the phone down.
He would kill him if anything happpened to her because of something stupid he had done. He grabbed his jacket and keys and went flying out the door.

~ ~ ~


23:50 Zulu
JAG Headquarters
Falls Church, Virginia

Mac sat in her car, the tears still running down her face and a Beer gripped between her fingers. She was sitting in front of the JAG office.
She didn’t know where else to go. She didn’t have very many friends. She couldn’t go Bud and Harriets she had been drinking and they had little A.J there, she couldn’t bring this to their home. And the only other place she wanted to go was to Harm, but she couldn’t go to him. Not like this.
He would hate her like this. He always had.
So here she sat, she couldn’t even believe she had made it this far. When she left her apartment she had yet to feel the effect of the alcohol, and when she stopped to buy the Beer she was just starting to feeling it.
But now as she sat in car she was feeling more than just a buzz, everything was spinning, and for the life of her she couldn’t stop crying.

~ ~ ~

Harm had been everywhere, now he was just driving aimlessly, it was well past midnight and he was just getting ready to go home.
He picked up his cell phone and tried her place one more time as he stopped at the stop light. After three or four rings he hung up, she wasn’t there. He was running out of ideas fast. She hadn’t been at Bud and Harriets and the Admiral was out of town for the weekend, though he doubted she would go there if she had been drinking.
He had drove by almost all the bars he knew of and her car was where to be found. So as more of an after thought he decided to swing by the office.
If she was really upset maybe she was just there working on a case, and not drinking. He hoped to God she wasn’t drinking and driving.
As he pulled away from the stop light the rain began to fall harder and he switched his windshield wipers to high.
The knot in his stomach was growing as his worry for her was becoming overwhelming. “Oh Mac where are you?” he tried her cell phone again but only got her voice mail. “Damn it Sarah call me when you get this.” he slammed the phone shut and threw it on the seat next to him. She couldn’t be stupid enough to be out drinking and driving. She was much smarter than that.
It was only a short time later when he pulled in the JAG parking lot and right away he saw her car. His heart sped up. Thank God she was here,
that meant she wasn’t drinking. He glanced at the building as he half parked right next to her. That was when he noticed her sitting.
She was just sitting there. The window had a small amount of fog on it so he knew she had been sitting there awhile. She must be freezing. The air was crisp outside as he opened his door up and jumped out of the car and walked towards her door as the rain came pouring down on him. He wasn’t sure what she was doing, but from the looks of it she was only sitting there.
He lightly tapped on her window. “Mac hey its me.... Whats the matter....” his voiced trailed off as he seen her look over at him.
He reached over at opened the door at once. “Mac ... I’ve been looking for you all damn night....” he seen the bottle in her hand he bent down.
On the floor on the other side of the car he seen at least 4 bottles. “Mac” he whispered. “Oh Sarah....”
She turned and looked at him. Her eyes could barely meet his as the alcohol was pumping through her vains. For one moment she was embarrassed and the heat spread through her, then she was glad he was there and she just wanted to fall into his arms.
“Mac..... my god... what is it?”
The tears came flooding from her eyes. “Ha...rm...”
He reached in and took the bottle from her pouring it out on the ground. She didn’t have the strength to fight him. “Lets get you out of here.” He reached in the car and pulled her in to his arms.

“I ... I can’t go back to ... there.” as she her feet hit the ground and she stood up she gripped his arms. Her legs felt weak.
“Hey I got you...” his arms held her tight as he walked her towards his car.
As she floated towards his car she realized what was happening.
The rain began hitting her face and she pushed herself into his chest. Her strength was all about gone. "No...oo... Ha...rm...” She pulled away from him again. She didn’t know what she wanted. “You need to leave alone... this is all because of you. Just go... let me....” she started towards her car again.
Harm stepped in front of her. “Mac your not making any senses. Let me get you out of this rain.” he took her arm.
She pulled way from him. “No... I will go home when I’m ready.” she tried to push him away but everything was spinning even faster and she wasn’t sure she even knew where she was anymore.
Harm couldn’t handle it anymore, he had been so scared not knowing where she was, and now to see her in this condition it pushed him over the edge. “Damn it Sarah get in the car. I don’t care what you want.”
He gripped her arms and pulled towards his car.
She put up a fight, but in her condition Harm had her in the car pretty fast. “Just sit there.” he told her as he slammed the door.
He was going to kill Mic when he found out what he had done to her.
He opened the back door and dug around for a bag. He found one and went back to her car, he gathered up the empty bottles. There was no use in leaving them for someone to spot in her car. He grabbed her purse and her keys before he locked her doors. He took a brife moment to walk around to the back of the car and pop the trunck, grabbing a small black bag. He knew she always kept an over night bag in her car.
When he got in his car he looked over at her. Her hair was wet and plastered to her forehead. Harm gently reached over and pushed her hair out of the way. Her eyes fluttered open and as they did the tears began to fall again.“Mac....”
She closed her eyes “No...” she turned her body towards the window.
Harm closed his eyes for a moment, his body was tired and his head was pounding. “Here put your seat belt on.” he reached across her and pulled over her lap.

~ ~ ~

Harm rested Mac in his arms as he unlocked the door and opened it, it only took him a moment to kick it shut. There was no way he was going to take her back to her place. He knew Mic would be there waiting. He headed towards his bed and he felt Mac tightened her grip on him. “Harm.”
“Mac its okay.... I’ve got you.” He made it into his bedroom and he sat her down on the bed. “Mac you are soaking wet. Let me get you some dry clothes.”
Mac fell back on the bed as everything kept spinning, she had always hated this point. Where colors began to blend together and everything was jumping. She felt like she was going to throw up, but she knew wasn’t. Yet all she wanted to do was throw up, at least then she would feel better.
Harm pulled a pair of sweats and a old blue Navy shirt out and walked back over to her.“Here let me help you.” He pulled her up and she looked at him. “Here....” He wasn’t sure it was the right thing to do but he wasn’t going to let her sleep in wet clothes. And he was her best friend, she was only a women, and she didn’t have anything he hadn’t seen before anyways.
He would just help her quickly and then put her to bed. He knelt down on both knees in front of her.
He slowly reached up and began pulling the buttons open on her uniform.
“Here let me help you.” he whispered, not meeting her eyes.
Her head looked down at what he was doing and then she slowly looked up at him.
“hmmm” her eyes glistened. “red light commander” she started laughing as she threw her head back almost falling off the bed.
“Whoa here...” he pulled her back towards him. He was already nervous enough. “Come on Mac, just help me get you undressed before you pass out”
“Oh Harm now what fun would it be if I helped you....” she laughed again.
He shook his head, he had to admit that even under these circumstance she was still so damn sexy.
Looking up at her again, he spoke softly “Okay fine just sit there then.” he pulled the last button and uniform top came open. His breath caught in this throat. She was only wearing a dark brown bra, it was not even cut low, it could have a bikini top, but still he had never seen her in anything less.
He realized he was going to have do this quick and get it over with.
He pushed it from her shoulders and quickly pulled his shirt over her head.
For the life of her all she could do was look at him. He look so innocent and she wanted to scream at him that all this was his fault but she just couldn’t, he was just so cute and she wanted him to push her back on this bed and make her scream his name. “Harm...” she whispered.
“Your arms Mac...” he didn’t dare look away from her eyes.
She stopped for a moment and thought. What about her arms. Then she realized he was trying to put a shirt on her.
“In all of the hundreds of thousands of fantasy I’ve had of you and me.” she moved a little closer to him. “Never once were you putting my clothes on me.....” she smiled.
“Ya your not the only one” it was only a whisper “Your arms....”
She could see the look in his eyes and even her drunken state she knew the look all to well.
She knew there was no way she was going to get one ounce of emotion out of him, so she just gave up and pushed her arms into his shirt.
He gentle pulled her to her feet and unzipped her skirt. He sighed as she put her arms around his neck and held on to him. As he finished undressing her and putting her in dry clothes he lightly laied her down on the bed. “Hey.” he tried to smile at her. He leaned all his weight on to his right arm that was right next to her.
She looked right into his eyes and let her arm fall from around his neck and she slowly let her fingers run across his face.“Your wet Harm.”
“I’m fine. Lets get you under the covers..”
“You should dry off...”
“I will, when I know your okay.”
“I’m okay....” she couldn’t think anymore and her hand lightly rested on his face she leaned up into his and all at once she kissed him. Her arm went tightly around his neck again as she bagan to pull him down towards her. Harm’s eyes flew open. Her lips felt so soft and she tasted of alcohol. As he felt her arms tighten around his neck mind went crazy as his heart flipped in his chest.
He tried to gently pull away, but her grip on him was much tighter than he had anticipated. It was at that moment she deepened there kiss and for a split second he really thought about kissing her back. But he couldn't take advantage of her, ever.
He loved her too much so he pulled away “Mac stop....”
“Oh Harm shut up.... don’t you know how to lay back and take it like a man....” she laughed as she pushed her head into the bed.
He stood up and pulled the blanket over her. “Why don’t you lay back and sleep it off.”
She laughed as she turned on to her side “Why don’t you come down here and lay with me.”
Harm shook his head at her as she seen her eyes fall shut.
He took a deep breath and for a long moment he just stood there looking down at her. Man what was she trying to do him.

~ ~ ~


O5:30
2812 M Street, Apt 4
Washington, DC 20215
Harm’s Apartment
It was close to 05:30 when he heard her stumble into the bathroom.
He pulled his arms up behind his head. It was going to be a long morning.
He slowly got up off the couch and headed towards the bathroom.
She looked up at him as he came into view.
“Here... use this...” He bent down and handed her the towel that was folded up.
She pulled from him and moved her knees under it.
“Do you want anything? Can I get you anything?” he really wasn’t sure what to do.
He wanted to pull her into his arms and scream at her, and then tell her how much she meant to him but he couldn’t.
“Another drink.” she set her head back on her arm over the toilet.
Harm sighed. “We will talk about that later....” he reached over and ran his hand up and down her back as his phone began to ring. “I will be right back.”
“Hello” he said on the forth ring.
“Harm... Its Mic... I found Mac’s car but not her...”
“She is here....”
“What?”
“She is here...”
“Well what the hell is she doing there... why didn’t you call me last night and let me know you found her. I’ve been worried sick.. I will be right over.”
“No you won’t. She doesn’t want to see you right now.” he knew it was a lie, he didn’t know what Mac wanted, but at that moment he didn’t want her seeing him at all and he didn't care what she wanted right then.
With that he hung up the phone.When he turned around he saw her standing there. “Mac.”
“Was that Mic?”
“Ya, I’m sorry....” he watched her.
“No don’t be.... I can’t see him right now...”
He moved closer to her. “What happened?”
“How about that drink now.” even as she said the words her heart dropped. This was Harm she was talking to, it would be a cold day in hell before he handed her a drink and she knew it. She made her way to the couch and sat down.
“I hope your referring to coffee because that is the only drink your getting from me.”
“Oh come on Harm I know you have to have something that contains some type of alcohol in this house. Be a friend.”
Harm didn't give her commit a second thought as he began to search for the bottom of whatever was going on.
“Why are you drinking again?” he folded his arms in front him.
She looked up at him through blurry tear filled eyes. When they met his she flinched.
He had seen her last night, oh god he had seen her last night. She couldn’t remember most of the night, which met she had gotten really bad... no telling what she had done.
He wanted so desperately to go to her, sit next to her hold her, but so many things were stilling holding him back. He looked up at her as she let her head fall into her hands. “Mac what happened?”

~Back~

~Fanfic Home~ ~Next~