Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Weakness

Harm and Mac made their way into the Admiral’s office, standing at attention before him.
“Reporting as ordered Sir.” Harm spoke.
The Admiral looked up from his desk. He took a moment to look at them. Both of them meant alot to him and he only wanted the best for them. But he couldn’t have a bomb like this dropped on him at the last minute.
He stood up and walked to the window. With a sigh he folded his arms in front him. How was going to handle this. How could he handle it as their friend and their CO. They did deserve to be happy and to be with each other. But at what cost?
“At ease.” he spoke softly without turning around. “Colonel I’ve been put under the impression that there will no wedding. Is this correct.”
“Yes sir.”
The Admiral turned around and made his way towards the pair. For the first time since they had been under his command the both of them had a look of almost fear in their eyes.
“Can I assume you had something to do this Commander.” he stopped in front of Harm.
“Sir... He didn’t having anything to do with it.” Mac spoke up quickly.
Well things had be pretty serious for her to speak so freely without asking permission.
Though the two of them always did try and protect each other.
He took a deep breath “I’ve learned when it comes to you Colonel ... He.” his eyes darted towards
Harm “Is always involved.”
Neither one of them spoke.
The Admiral realized that they weren’t going to jump in any time soon so he was going to have to push them. “Commander Brumby has requested a transfer and I’ve given it to him. He is leaving tonight at 19:00.” he made his way back around his desk. “Please have a seat.”
Both Mac and Harm fell into their seats. Neither of them knew what was to come, but they both knew they needed the Admiral support.
“When was the last time you spoke to Commander Brumby, Colonel?”
“Not since he put a hole in my apartment wall Sir.”
The Admiral’s eyes widen. This was more serious than he thought. “So then can I safely assume that you didn’t spend this weekend with Brumby.”
“No Sir I did not. I was With the Commander.” Her eyes briefly met Harm’s and it seemed to give her enough strength to keep her heart under control.
“I figured.” He still wasn’t sure what he was going to do. He took a deep breath. “All right... I was also told Colonel that there a problem over the weekend that involved you drinking. Is this correct?” Mac took a deep breath. Oh god she hated this “Yes sir.”
“Is this a problem that I’m going to need to get involved with?”
“No Sir.”
His voice raised a level.“No Sir because you’ve taken care of it or no sir because you don’t want my help.”
“My problem is under control.”
“Okay... I’m glad it is. Please make sure it stays under control, I do not want to have to get involved.” he started sorting through files on his desk. There was a lot work to get done and he needed everyone focused.
“All right I want the both of you to listen to me very carefully. I know something has appened with you two and I don’t want to talk about it yet.... That doesn’t mean we won’t talk about it. I want you two to keep whatever personal issue you have going on out of this office. I don’t want to see it, hear about or even have to think about it. Am I making myself clear.”
“Yes Sir.” They both spoke at the same time.
“There is going to be a time we will need to talk about this, right now I don’t have that time.” he pulled out what he was looking for and made his way back in front of them.
“Colonel, Commander.” he handed them each a file.
They realized at this point personal conversation was over and it was back work.
“Colonel I need you on a flight tomorrow night out to Willow Grove Navy Base. We have a First Lieutenant, named Mark Winters who is being accused of beating his wife to death. You will be investigating. All detail of the case are outlined there for you. I want you to get all lose ends tied up her. Give any of your other case that need attention to either the Commander or Lieutenant Singer.”
“Yes Sir.” she said looked over at him from the folder.
“Commander long with anything that the Colonel has for you I want you to UA case. Do either one of you have any question at this time?”
“No Sir.”
“Then your dismissed.”
They both stood “Ahy, Ahy Sir.”
Putting a little space between them would do everyone some good and it would give him some time to figure out what the hell to do about all of it.

~Back~ ~Fanfic Home~ ~Next~