Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Weakness

“What is it?” he asked, trying to remain calm. He made his way to her side. “Whats going on?”
She stood up and walked away from him, this was going to kill him. It was already killing her.
He sat back with a heavy sigh. Whatever it was, he had a feeling he wasn’t going to like it.
“How was your doctor’s appointment today?”
“I’m pregnant.” she didn’t know why it had just fallen out of her mouth that way, she had wanted to brake the news easy. She closed her eyes trying to breath.
Harm’s eyes raised. “From two days ago your pregnant.” he knew they hadn’t been being careful and the truth was, he wasn’t that concerned about it. Life was life. Whatever happened happened.
She turned and looked at him “No from two months ago I’m pregnant.” she bit her lower lip trying to hold back the tears she knew were coming.
“What?” He wasn’t sure if he heard what she had said, and he knew that he didn’t really want to believe.
He stood up and walked over to were she was. “Sarah... are you okay.”
“Okay?? Okay??” she screamed. “What is there to be okay about? I’m pregnant... what am I going to do?”
“Hey ... Hey ...” he tried to pull her into his arms, but she pulled away from him hard.
“What do you mean ... okay.... okay... I got ... I was drinking a week ago.. and I’m pregnant. I’m not getting married. How ... How...”
Harm towards her again. “Okay... all right.” he pulled her into him.
She sobbed into his chest. Again life had not been fair.
Harm sighed. He was angry with everything. Life had just seem to be picking up and now, he had this to face. “Mac you’ve got to calm down. Everything will work out.”
“We can’t do this. I can’t do this to you. What are you going to do raise his child.” she pulled away from, heading towards the bedroom.
He watched her with a raised eye, he had a feeling her emotion were in over drive and he was sure she thought he was going run from this.
“Mac ... come on.” he said as he stood waiting for her return.
She heard his voice and wanted to run to him. But she couldn’t. She had to do this and she couldn’t expect him to be there right now or ever. This was her problem. She wouldn’t involve him in it.

~ ~ ~
Harm was sitting on the in the kitchen, at the counter. A single candle filled the room with light.
It sat in front of him and he kept tipping it from one side to another watching the wax move back and forth.
There wasn’t anything he could do to make her stay, to make her calm down. She had taken her stuff and went home. It had broke his heart to see her so upset.
He was hoping that all she needed was a little time to get calm down and then maybe she would be thinking straight
He gazed down at the fire, his heart was overwhelmed with sadness. He so much wanted to go to her, be with her, fix this.
The tears slowly and slightly began slipping down his face on the to the cold counter.
Mac opened her eyes to the sound of movement, she wasn’t sure where it was coming from, her eyes were burning from the amount of crying she had done.
Before she could think twice she felt the weight of a body sink into the bed next to her and arm encircle her.
Harm felt her stiffen in his arms. “Hey baby its okay. Its just me.”
“Harm you scared me half to death.”
“I’m sorry. I used my key. I had to see you.” his words seemed to tumble all together as he began to relax for the first time since she had walked out of his apartment.
Mac took a deep breath and closed her eyes. “What are you doing here? Its almost 02:00”
“I needed to talk to you.”
Her arms came to rest on his as he held her tight.
There was a long moment before either one spoke. “I’m glad you are here. I didn’t mean to leave so upset....”
“Its okay... I know you needed your space.”
“Do you understand that this is not going to work anymore.”
He was surprised it took her so long to start in. “Sarah...”
She pushed out of his arms and turned to face. His arms still lightly rested on her sides, not letting her move to far away from him. “Everything is going to be fine. We didn’t come this far to quit now.”
To her surprise she was feeling more calm than one would think. She was ready to face the end she knew was coming there way fast. “What are you going to do? Huh raise other mans child?”
“No I’m going to raise our child together. The detail we will work out.”
“You can not be serious.”
“I am Mac... very.”
“Its not your reasonability.”
“Your my reasonability.” he knew she wasn’t going to like that.
“I’m not anyones reasonability.” her eyes tried to searches his in the dark to make him understand her.
“Mac... I will not fight with you over this. I love you. You told me not to long ago that you did need me. What I’m telling you right now I do not take lightly.”
She knew he was speaking from his heart. Harm didn’t take reasonability lightly, she only feared he took on too many reasonability on to quickly, before he had time to think about it.
Harm could see the doubt in her eyes. “You are my reasonability, as my friend, as my partner, as my lover. If something good happens to me, it happens to you, if something bad happens to you it happens to me...” he searched her eyes over and over again. “For as long as we both shall live.” he flashed an amazing smile at her.
“Harm stop it and be serious.”
“His smiled faded “I am.” he rolled to his back and reached deep in his pocket.
“Harm what are you doing.”
He pulled her hand toward him. “I don’t know if its going to fit. This is what my father gave to my mother when he asked her to marry him. We can get it sized.....” he slipped the ring on with ease. “There were about a million other ways I wanted to do this, but sometimes life happens and so here I am laying in your bed, looking at you and asking you to be my wife, I’m not perfect and things are a little crazy right now. I don’t know what is going to happen or how we are going to get through it all, but I do know this I’m not right without you, I’m not anything without you. And for the rest of my life I want to be everything to you.”
She could only stare into the remarkable pool of blue that were his eyes. He couldn’t be serious.

~Back~

~Fanfic Home~ ~Next~