Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Part X - Restless

Spike tossed and turned trying desperately to fall asleep, but as usual Buffy’s face haunted him. His mind insisted on replaying the scenes of the day over and over again. “If she wants it to be over, fine, it’s over”. Everything would be over, including his constant slavering and pining over her. As he turned to face the TV, he remembered holding her in the kitchen, earlier that evening, when they had bumped into each other. “Bloody hell, man, forget about the chit!” he ordered himself. But it was useless. The simple memory of her body crushed against his sent shivers down his spine. “Bugger!” he hissed.

“Me want to sleep. Shut up.” It protested as he lay on the floor.

“Oh, bugger off!” Spike grumbled.

“Evil.” It mumbled half asleep.

“Dam right I am.” Spike spat.

“You angry because Slayer shout?” It asked raising his eyes to the fellow demon on the couch.

“None of your bloody business.”

“You like Slayer.” It squeaked with a large toothless grin.

“I do not.” Spike denied.

“You think Slayer is beauuuuuuuuuutiful!” It teased.

“Shut up.”

“You want to kiss Slayer?” It continued pushing his lips to simulate a kiss.

“If you don’t shut your gob I’ll come over there and ring your neck.” Spike threatened.

“You looooooooove h…” It wasn’t able to finish the sentence as the vampire’s cold hands were tightly gripping his throat.

***********************************

“Stupid Spike. Stupid, stupid.” Buffy mumbled to herself as she paced around her room clutching the pillow between her strong arms. After about an hour of walking around in circles, Buffy gave up and prepared to go to bed when she heard a noise coming from the corridor.

“Finally!” she whispered heading for the door and opening it abruptly.

In front of her was a very surprised vampire.

“What are you doing here? If you’re thinking about apologizing you can just turn around and go back to the couch, cause I really don’t want to hear it.” She spat out in her usually arrogant tone.

Spike just stared back, his scared eyebrow raised high on his forehead.

“I wasn’t.” he answered calmly.

Buffy was caught off guard by the answer; her widened eyes were a testament of it, but she decided to play it cool.

“Well, then what are you doing here?” she asked haughtily.

“Little accident with ET down stairs.” When Spike saw Buffy’s please elaborate on the subject so I can understand look he added: “Accidentally tried to choke the little fellow, got slime on my hands and had to wash up.

“Oh!” Buffy murmured heading back to bed.

“You ok?” he asked, he just wasn’t ready to leave her yet.

“Fine! Why wouldn’t I be? I’m just peachy!” she answered with a forced smile on her face that made her look like the Joker.

“Ok! Night Slayer.” He greeted her limply.

“Ah!” she sighed opening her mouth wide. “That’s it? Night, Slayer?” she shouted with a terrible reproduction of his London accent.

“Hey, could you bring it down a notch there? Dawn’s sleeping.” He warned her coming into her bedroom.

“Right, Dawn.” She sighed.

“What’s gotten into you?”

“I-I-“ she stuttered in anger. “I hate you.”

“Oh, it’s the I hate you speech. I’ve heard that one. If you don’t mind I’ll just skip it this time, Slayer.” And he turned to walk away.

“Fine. Leave. I should’ve gotten used to it by now.” She murmured.

“Slayer-“

“Stop calling me that!” she yelled at him.

“Shhhhh. Dawn-“

“Yeah, Dawn’s asleep. You know what? I really don’t care.” She continued talking in a loud voice and Spike was forced to cover hear mouth with his hands.

“Shhhh.” He repeated. As he looked at her, their proximity dawned on both of them and Buffy leaned into his hand. Coldly Spike pulled away from her.

“What is this?” she spoke angrily.

“What’s what?” he asked pretending not to know what she was talking about.

“Why are you acting like this?”

“What do you want from me?”

“I-I want you to stop this… thing. I want… I-I want…” she struggled with the words and finally said with a pout. “I want a Spike-Special.”

“Huh?” Spike looked at her in confusion. ”Why do I always go for the complicated ones?” he asked himself.

“Why didn’t you make me one?” she questioned him, looking up at him.

“All of this is cause of a bloody sandwich?” he stared at her in disbelief.

“You didn’t answer me.”

“Cause you had pizza. You said you wanted to eat pizza.” He explained. “I can’t believe I’m having this conversation.”

“Maybe I wanted the sandwich.” She continued.

“You want me to make you a bloody sandwich at 3 am?” he asked astonished.

“No.” she exhaled sharply and paused for a moment. “I know you think I’m ugly but that doesn’t mean I’m not sandwich worthy.”

“Huh?”

“You heard me. Why am I not sandwich worthy?” she asked serious as a heart attack.

“Did you get some of ET’s gunk on you or something?”

“No!” she shouted.

“Slayer, shut up and go to sleep.” He said dismissively turning toward the door.

“Stop turning away from me!” she hissed pulling him by his arm.

“What’s gotten into you, Slayer?”

“Why do you keep calling me that? Why does Dawn get to be the Nibblet, Willow gets to be Red and I’m the Slayer?” her voice was low, her hand still held a tight grip on the vampire. “Why don’t I have a pet name?”

“You had one remember? Goldilocks? You went and chopped off your hair.” He hissed at her.

“You think I look ugly with my hair like this? Is that it?” she asked running her hand thru it.

“What’s with the teenage crises all of a sudden? Why do you think you’re ugly?” he moved his head from side to side as he spoke.

“You’ve just been so different. So… distant.”

“I thought that’s what you wanted.”

“No. That’s not what I wanted. I-I want… I want…”

“When you do figure out what you want, be sure to let me know.” He murmured. “Cause I’m just tired of these games, I really don’t need this at-“

“I want you!” she breathed pulling him to her and crushing his mouth with hers.

 Next

 

Review - Makes chapters come way quicker! ;)