RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: PADS ASCII netlist reference designator bug - is there a workaround?

<x-flowed>
At 08:49 AM 9/11/00 +1200, Alan Gore wrote:
>Could you advise the relevant ANSI standard?

I had written:

>[...]Thus a
>         six character reference designator will accomodate a
>two-character standard
>         prefix (these prefixes are the subject of an ANSI standard) ...

I don't know what is current, but what I have is an old volume with the
relevant ANSI standard; see:

ANSI Y32.2-1975 (IEEE Std. 315-1975), Section 22, Class Designation Letters

The book also contains a cross-reference to the earlier IEC standard:

IEC Publication 113-2 Item Designations, Class Designation Letters.

The book was called:

Electrical and Electronics Graphic Symbols and Reference Designations,
76-ANSI/IEEE Y32E.

But this standard -- it seems the last revision was Y32-16 -- has been
superseded.

The current standard is IEEE 315-1975 plus the supplement IEEE 315A-1986.

These documents are part of a set you can buy from the IEEE, see

http://standards.ieee.org/catalog/dict.html

Electrical and Electronics Graphic and Letter Symbols and Reference
Designations Standards Collection

and you can buy just the 315/315A combination, as can be seen by following
the link under the above title,

(For a complete listing of standards contained in this collection.)

For some military and government work, the use of this standard is mandatory.

marjan@vom.com
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433