Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Print/Preview crash system

A little behind on my mail ---

Our installation (currently single site) of 99SE uses the network printer.
Back months ago, when originally installed, we could not persuade print jobs
from PCB to work properly - the local spooler would crash & so would protel.
Schematic print was always just fine, and PCB print would also work with a
local printer or spooled to file.

We finally discovered (by accident) how to work around this.  Instead of
using "File-Print" to create a new PCB print document automatically from
focused pcb window, I now always create one from the documents window and
connect it to the pcb file.  Problem gone - from sight at least!  Once
created this way, any subsequent entry into PCB print from "File-Print"
seems to be fine.

I have no idea if Protel knows about this problem.  It is not connected
directly to yours Rudolf, but if you are networked it might be worth
checking if a similar scenario exists.

Regards,
Jim Parr.