Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Print/Preview crash system

Jim Parr wrote:

> A little behind on my mail ---
>
> Our installation (currently single site) of 99SE uses the network printer.
> Back months ago, when originally installed, we could not persuade print jobs
> from PCB to work properly - the local spooler would crash & so would protel.
> Schematic print was always just fine, and PCB print would also work with a
> local printer or spooled to file.
>
> We finally discovered (by accident) how to work around this.  Instead of
> using "File-Print" to create a new PCB print document automatically from
> focused pcb window, I now always create one from the documents window and
> connect it to the pcb file.  Problem gone - from sight at least!  Once
> created this way, any subsequent entry into PCB print from "File-Print"
> seems to be fine.
>
> I have no idea if Protel knows about this problem.  It is not connected
> directly to yours Rudolf, but if you are networked it might be worth
> checking if a similar scenario exists.
>
> Regards,
> Jim Parr.

Hello Jim,

I'm  working on a single PC.

I received an explanation from Steve who said may be it
was a system resources problem.
Using Steve's recommendations, i do'nt have any crash
since his mail.
In french language, i say "je touche du bois"!

Thank you Jim for your answer and also to Steve again.

Regards,

Rudolf

Rudolf Schaffer

ASGALIUM UNITEC SA