Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Aperture definitions for (regular) octagonal pads

<snip>
> The moral of the story seems to be that not only should the angle of
> rotation be changed from 0 degrees to 22.5 degrees, but that the specified
> size of this should also be magnified by a factor of sec(ant) 22.5
(degrees)
> ( SQRT(4 - SQRT(2)), as a bit of algebra/trigonometry reveals, or ~
> 1.08239).
<snip>
> Geoff Harland.

Whoops! In that previous posting, I *should* have said that the secant of
22.5 degrees is SQRT(4 - SQRT(8)), or SQRT(4 - 2*SQRT(2)), given that
SQRT(8) equals 2*SQRT(2). (However, the indicated numerical approximation
was still about right.)

I've since updated a Perl script to rectify both the size and (rotational)
angle of each embedded definition for octagonal apertures within Gerber
files. If I can find the time, I'll port the code to Delphi and so create an
executable file which will be usable by anyone (without the need to have
Perl files installed on their PC).

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer