Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: how to place logo's or bitmaps ?

<x-flowed>
At 07:35 PM 10/19/00 +0200, Frank Bemelman wrote:
>I want to put some small logo's and simple
>monochrome bitmaps on my overlay (or perhaps
>even in copper).
>
>Right now, I can only think of making a similar
>looking drawing, consisting of many thin lines,
>totally by hand of cource. This is a lot of
>work.
>
>Does anybody know a clever trick to do this ?

Sure. Use a utility that generates those lines. From an old post of mine:

(After discussing PCBLOGO, which is a shareware program that converts BMP
to Protel)

But there is a free program available which can accomplish similar goals.
Connect to www.idrive.com. Visit abdlomax. Activate the link under Storage,
Convert.zip. Check the box beside Convert.zip and push the Dowload button.

Unfortunately, I just checked and idrive is not allowing guest access,
temporarily, they claim.

The same file is in the files section for protel-users@egroups.com, the
backup user reflector on egroups.com. You don't have to join the mailing
list to access the file, but I do recommend that all Protel users join this
list. At present, postings to protel-users are rare, except when we suspect
that the techserv list is down. Because some of us need quick access to
other users, facing a deadline and encountering some problem, this backup
list was started. It is also serving, as we see here, to provide file
storage space for us.

Here is a URL for downloading the file:

http://www.egroups.com/files/protel-users/Convert.zip

*Case is important in the filename.*