Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Ramblings of an Aged Bluemew ~ Frogwoman

Ramblings of an Aged Bluemew

By: Frogwoman

Alternate Dimensions #6

Disclaimer: Don't own Pokémon, but I created the character Bluemew based on a Mew, of course. He has quite a personality, and I don't want you to steal it! (Please...) I also don't own 'Captain Underpants', but I have permission to use it.

Author's Note: This whole story is from Bluemew's POV.

Ramblings of an Aged Bluemew

Children.

Always asking questions.

'Is the sky blue because it wants to be like us? Why do flowers grow?'

Questions I can't answer.

'Who was your mommy, Bluemew? When did you first meet Blueboy? What made Blueboy and Redgirl be together?'

Those I can answer.

.

*When I met Blueboy.*

.

I was always different. Born in a cave with a litter of other Mew babies. I was littlest, but I lived.

MewOne and MewThree didn't. MewTwo did, but that was always another story. MewTwo was not my favorite older sibling.

Me, I was just Mew. Like Mommy.

Only I was Bluemew.

Mommy didn't like me. I was blue, and had bits of proper purple. But not enough. I was different from MewTwo, and she was proud of MewTwo. I was the same as her, but still too different.

Mommy really didn't like me.

MEW! (untranslatable)

I was outside. In the rain. No Mew likes to get wet, but I dislike it the most, even though I'm a water-type. That was different too.

I called Mommy.

'Mommy, come get me!'

I was confused, and sad and alone. A boy stumbled up. Human. I was afraid, but but rain was in his hair, too. Hair was the same color as me. Blueboy.

Bluemew.

We were the same person.

He looked the same as me. Sad. Alone. Confused. He had a Poké ball. I wanted to be inside it. Out of the rain.

I cried.

'Mew!'

Blueboy looked down at me, smiled.

'Cute.'

Blueboy held the Poké ball towards me. Pushed the button, and I jumped.

Orange light all around. Comfy. Cozy. Warm. Dry.

Don't know how much later he called me. I was asleep.

Woke up with a warm hand stroking me. Warm, still. The boy was kind, and fed me some food. I belonged to him, but he belonged to me, too. Unspoken agreement.

'Sorry I caught you.'

'Don't be.'

Startled green eyes. He understood me. Startled blue eyes. Bluemew eyes. I didn't know humans could understand. No human had ever understood. But the Blueboy understood me.

We were strange, both of us. In uncomfortable situations.

We were the same person.

We comprehended each other.

I was his secret, and he talked to me every night.

Words he said that I hated because they made him sad.

Parents.

Jessibelle.

Home.

Money.

What is Jessibelle? What is money?

I never liked home either, and my parents made me sad as well. I quit missing Mommy. Blueboy was Mommy.

We left one day. A girl with red hair chased us. Blackgirl, evil. She had an Oddish. Poor Oddish.

Blueboy wandered with me, we left the firedog behind. Firedog was good, Reddog, but still Blue.

Blue is good. Blueboy, Bluemew.

Red is good. Fire too.

Black is not. The girl with the Oddish was black. She made Blueboy sad, and when Blueboy was sad, so was I

Jessibelle was Blackgirl, Blueboy said to me one day, and he didn't want to remember. I knew the feeling of not wanting memories.

.

*Redgirl and Yellowcat*

.

Blueboy met Redgirl in the rain. That was how I knew she was Blue at heart. She often hit Blueboy, but he didn't care. Yellowcat came later. Neither of these people made Blueboy sad. He told them about me.

I wasn't his secret anymore.

The secret was that Blueboy loved Redgirl.

He told me this one day while I read a comic book.

Comic books are fun. I like the particular type called...'Captain Underpants'...this Underpants is a funny person. He wears large white and orange garments called 'underwear' and a 'cape'. But I know that this Underpants is truly Blue.

I can tell by the things he says.

I was reading a comic book and laughing when Blueboy told me he loved Redgirl. I looked at him curiously.

'Why?'

'She's perfect.'

'Perfect?'

'Yes. Beautiful and...perfect.'

'I am pleased. You have to tell her you feel this way.'

'I can't.'

'Why?'

'It's too complicated.'

I went back to reading my comic book and thinking in the back of my mind about Blueboy's predicament. This situation made Blueboy sad, and I wanted to fix it. I was Blueboy's friend.

Yellowcat came up. He talked to me in the spoken language of Pokémon. Our name for ourselves is unpronounceable.

'You should tell Jessi that James likes her.' Yellowcat suggested.

'Jessi? Oh, I see, you mean Redgirl. It's not my place. Blueboy didn't ask me to.'

'You gotta have a little respect fer yerself, Bluemew. You have to take initiative. We have to get those two together.'

'How?'

'I heard what James...uh...I mean Blueboy...just said to you. Why don't you just tell...Redgirl...for him?'

'Would Blueboy be angry?' I asked, setting aside my comic book. This was more important than Captain Underpants...I believe. Captain Underpants *had* been about to save the world. But Blueboy came first.

'I don't think so.'

'Then I will speak to Redgirl.'

.

*Blueboy and Redgirl...and my comic book*

.

I spoke to her. She was a very strange person. If she was a Pokémon, she would be fire. Just like the firedog. I believe that's why Blueboy had an affinity for her, even though she liked to inflict pain. It often disturbed me.

I have never understood any human except Blueboy.

'Redgirl? Do you understand me?' I asked.

'Yes.'

'I wish to tell you that Blueboy loves you.'

'What?!'

Even in thought-speech she could yell.

'Blueboy loves you. Please speak to him about this. The situation as it is disturbs Blueboy and he wants you to love him as well.'

'He does?'

'Yes.'

'Maybe I'll talk to him.'

'Please do.' I said, and went back to Captain Underpants.

Later, after they had cleared the matter up, I saw Blueboy touch Redgirl on the mouth. They brought their mouths together and kept them there.

I don't understand the way of humans and their love for each other. Why they express it in such ways.

I can understand the physical contact. Touch and heat are pleasant, and enjoyable. But the use of mouths confuses me. When I use my mouth I can't breathe. It doesn't make much sense to keep them together so they cannot breathe for an extended period of time.

But they seem to enjoy it anyway.

.

Children. They ask questions I can't answer, but the ones they ask that I can answer are fun. I tell them my stories and they fall asleep. I then sit and watch them, and think about Blueboy.

I don't like living so long.

Blueboy is gone now, and so is Redgirl. Yellowcat was gone a long time ago. Blueboy and Redgirl's children look after me. I miss Blueboy, and the Firegirl.

But I have my memories, and my stories.

.

Author's Note: So, what did you think of that little trip into the twilight zone? Tell me! (frogwoman_66@hotmail.com)

Go Back to Frogwoman's Fanfics Page

Email: frogwoman_66@hotmail.com