Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter 53

But can it be
When we can see
So vividly a memory
And yes you say
So lost a day
To fade away
And leave a red sun
So gold …
Stevie Wonder, “Stay Gold”

Cam and Lindsey’s reception was in full swing not an hour after the ceremony ended.

The ballroom at the Springhill hotel was decorated with lavender streamers and balloons, and a huge wedding cake with a champagne fountain was set up in the front of the room. A disc jockey was playing CDs, and many of the 300 guests were dancing, including Taryn and Isaac.

“I love to dance with you,” Taryn said, snuggling up to Isaac.

Isaac hugged her tightly. “I love to dance with you. I just love to be with you, period.”

“What did you think of the wedding?” Taryn asked.

“It was beautiful,” Isaac said. “And so are you. You look great.”

Taryn smiled. “You are so sweet,” she said.

The song ended, and Taryn and Isaac went back to the bridal table.

Isaac grabbed two glasses of champagne from a passing waiter.

“Here you go,” he said, handing one to Taryn.

“Oooh, thank you,” she said.

Isaac raised his glass. “Here’s hoping that being here again will lead to another great memory,” he said.

Taryn clinked her glass to Isaac’s. “I’ll drink to that.”

Isaac had rented a room at the Springhill for that evening, because he wanted to spend his last night in New York alone with Taryn. Camilla would be taking Iris home with her.

A few hours later, Cam and Lindsey announced that they were leaving. Taryn and Gregor looked at each other with a mixture of pride and sadness. Cam was going. He was a married man, and once he left, he would be off to start his new life.

As Cam and Lindsey got into the limousine that was taking them to the airport, Taryn brushed away a tear. Isaac put his arms around her from behind.

“They’re happy,” he said.

Taryn nodded. “I know. They’re going to be so good for each other.”

Isaac kissed the top of Taryn’s head. “I know this is hard for you,” he said. “But you guys have a true friendship. It doesn’t matter where he is; that’s always going to be.”

Taryn sniffled and smiled up at Isaac. “Thank you,” she said quietly. “You always know just what to say.”

Isaac grinned. “Well, if that’s the case, how about if I asked you if you’d like to retire to our room?”

Taryn smiled. “Okay,” she said.

Isaac took Taryn’s hand and led her back through the ballroom. He picked up a bottle of champagne from one of the tables, and winked at Gregor as he led Taryn upstairs.


On to Chapter 54
Back to Chapter 52
Home