Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!
Chapter 22

Bobbie stormed into the Spencer house, her eyes on Laura the whole time.

Bobbie: What are you doing to my brother?!

Laura: What are you talking about, Bobbie?

Bobbie: Oh, you still want to play "let's keep secrets"?

Laura: I figured Luke would talk to you about it, but I still don't understand what you mean by your accusing me of doing something to Luke.

Bobbie: How can you lie to him all these years?  He has given you everything he has ever had to give, but you seem determined to keep things from him... important things.

Laura: What happens between Luke and me is none of your business, Bobbie, so stay out of it!

Bobbie: If someone hurts my brother, then they're going to have to answer to me.  He's over at the club now getting drunk because that's the only way he knows how to deal with that much pain.

Laura (softly, almost a whisper): I know that.

Bobbie: So you do care what happens to him.

Laura: I never stopped caring, Bobbie.  I know I don't live up to your ideal vision for Luke's wife, but I am his wife and always will be.


Outside of the Spencer house.

Luke walks up to the house and sees Lucky on the steps.  Lucky seems to be off in another world, a world that Luke wishes he were in about now.  He goes up to his son and sits next to him.

Luke: Cowboy, I ...

Lucky: How can the two of you have kept this from me?

Luke: I didn't know about it myself until this morning.  It seems as if your mother left us both in the dark.

Lucky: Why, dad?  Why did she do that?

Luke: I really can't figure that out myself.  I wish I had answers, but I don't.  I'm as confused as you are about all of this.

Lucky: I don't know what to feel anymore.  I don't feel anything.  Just complete emptiness inside.

Luke: I understand.  But I want you to remember one thing.  Your mother loves you with all her heart.  She always has and she always will.  No matter what has happened today, that has never changed.

Lucky: Why doesn't that matter so much anymore?

Luke: Don't let your hurt ruin you like that, Lucky.

Lucky: How can't I, dad?  I was brought up to trust the both of you completely and now that is all ruined because of the Cassadines.  How can we be sure there aren't anymore secrets out there just waiting to be discovered?

Luke: I don't know, son.  I just don't know.  I wish I could take this all away, but I can't.  All we can do is get through this together.

Lucky: Does that include Mom?

Luke: I don't know that either.

Lucky gets up and goes into the house.  Luke follows him.  As Lucky opens the door, they see Bobbie and Laura going at it in the living room.

Bobbie: You've got that right!  It's true that I never thought you were good enough for my brother and now you've just proven that!

Laura notices Luke and Lucky at the door.  She tries to go over to them, but Lucky just looks at her in disgust and walks upstairs.  Luke is still standing at the door... no emotion on his face whatsoever.

Laura: Luke?

Luke: Hi Barbara.  I figured you would probably stop by.  You can leave now.

Bobbie: Oh, right.  Kick the sister out but let the blond tramp stay.

Luke: Barbara, get out!  I'm not in the mood to listen to you insult my wife!

Bobbie: I'm always the bad guy in this scenario.  Why am I not surprised.  Maybe you shouldn't forget who's the one keeping the secrets from you.

Bobbie walks out, slamming the door behind her.  Luke walks around the room, avoiding Laura, and sits on the couch.  He look like he's been through hell, which is a place he feels like he's at right now.

Luke: Where's my daughter?

Laura: Upstairs with my mother.  My mother took her up when she saw Bobbie walk in.

Luke: Good.  (Laura sits on the couch next to Luke, but Luke moves away to the other end of the couch)

Laura: Luke, can you let me in?  Let me know what you're feeling right now?

Luke: Just fine, Laura.

Laura: Luke.

Luke: How do you think I feel?!  (Taking a deep breath) I'm too tired to get into anything tonight so let's just drop it.  I just want to get to sleep and wish this day never happened.

Laura: So you're staying?

Luke: I'm not going to leave my family at a time like this.  Cassadine's out there, and no doubt will be angry as hell after Nikolas confronts him.  He's going to be out for revenge and I will not leave my kids unguarded.

Laura: Nikolas has already confronted Stefan.

Luke: And how would you know?  Wait... don't tell me.  You went to see the Bat today, didn't you.   Glad to know who's on top of your list of priorities in your life.

Laura: I went to see Nikolas, but I missed him.  Stefan was the only one there after Nikolas ran out.  And yes, my kids happen to be my priority.

Luke: And OUR son is upstairs at this moment, hurting from all of this.  Did you go try to find him and help him through it?  Do you even care?

Laura: You know I care, Luke.  If...

Luke: Save you're explanations for someone who gives a damn.  I'm going to go upstairs and grab a pillow and a blanket and sleep down here for tonight.  I suggest we just stay out of each other's way before things are said that can't be taken back.

Luke gets up and leaves for upstairs.  Laura watches him the whole time and quietly says to herself, "this isn't over yet, Luke Spencer.  Not by a long shot."
 


 NEXT CHAPTER

 PREVIOUS CHAPTER


 RETURN TO CHAPTER MENU