Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Chapter Thirty Two


Three years after Lucky's graduation--

Lucky is nervously getting ready for his big day.  This is what he wanted more than anything else in the world, yet he couldn't stop shaking long enough to get his shirt button.  There was a knock at his door, and he called out, "It better not be Elizabeth."

"No, it's Nikolas.  Can I come in?"

Lucky walked over to the door and let Nikolas in.  Without looking at Lucky, Nikolas asked, "So, how are you doing?"

"Look at me, man.  I'm a mess.  How do you think I'm doing?"  Lucky goes around, frantically searching for his other shoe.

Nikolas couldn't help but laugh at the sight of Lucky.  "Hey, kid brother, I just wanted to wish you luck on your big day before your best man arrives to take care of handling you, and kicks me out because I'm a Cassadine."  He walked over to Lucky and gave him a hug.

"Thanks, Nikky," Lucky said with a smile as he saw Nikolas' expression at being called that name.  "And you know he's gotten over that last name of yours just like the rest of us have."

"I know, but I'm not stupid enough to try the waters while they're still shaky.  The two of you have a bond I envy, Lucky.  Maybe I'll find someone some day that I can have that tight of a bond with."

"Yeah, we're pretty tight.  Things got bad there for a while, but we've been cool with each other for a couple of years now.  Well, if you want to get out of here before he arrives, you better get going.  He's due here any minute, even though I don't think he's the type of man who shows up to weddings on time.  I don't think he likes weddings all too much, personally."

As Nikolas was leaving, the best man barges through the door.  "Okay, Luckster, it's time to get you to the church on time."

"Calm down, man.  I still have an hour before I have to be there," Lucky said as he closed the door after Nikolas.

"Oh, well, I could never tell time on wedding days.  But it sure looks like it's a good thing I came so early.  Didn't your mother teach you how to dress yourself?"

"She skipped over the chapter on how to dress myself on my wedding day," Lucky joked.

"Remind me to tell that woman that she's going to have to read that chapter in time for Lu's wedding day."

Lucky and Sonny looked at each other and said, "She's going to live in a convent."

There was another knock at the door, and Lucky turned to Sonny and said, "I seem to be popular today.  Come in."

Laura walked in and gave Lucky a hug.  "I can't believe this day has come."

"We knew it would sooner or later, and Elizabeth and I just thought it'd be better if we didn't wait so long.  You don't think it's a mistake, do you?"

"Of course not.  It's so obvious to anyone who looks at the two of you that you are both very much in love," she said, as Sonny excused himself to give the two of them some privacy.

"Is there another reason for stopping by other than to congratulate me?" Lucky asked.

Laura pulled out a small photo of her wedding picture.  "I just wanted to give you this picture to remind you that true love is real, and that we shared something as special as I know you and Elizabeth do share and will continue to share for years to come.  Just put it in your pocket while you're watching your bride walk down that aisle."

"Thank you, Mom.  I love it.  And I know that the two of you shared something special.  I don't even have to look at this picture to know that.  I experienced it growing up with the two of you.  Please, don't let this be the lead in for true love hurts and doesn't last."

"Oh, I didn't mean anything like that, Lucky.  It does last.  I know that we both still love each other a lot.  I guess it's a lead in for don't make the same mistakes we made.  Don't ever take your love for granted, Lucky.  It's something unique that only the two of you will share in your lifetime.  Cherish it every day and you'll see just how happy you'll be as you go through life."

"I will cherish it.  I learned how to cherish a woman from my father.  He taught me, and I wish he knew that.  And you taught me a lot too.  I'm not going into this blind.  I love her with all my heart, and I'll do anything for her."

"I know, honey.  Well, before we start crying, I should leave and let Sonny help you get ready.  It means a lot to him that you picked him as your best man."

"He was Dad's best friend, and since I can't get my first choice for my best man, I thought his best friend might do for the occasion."


Lucky stood at the front of the church, Sonny by his side, as Elizabeth started walking down the aisle.  Lucky stared at her wondering how a woman could look so beautiful.  She looked like an angel.  He also started wondering if this is how his father felt when he married his mother.  Luke always called Laura his "angel", and now he could see exactly where his father was coming from.  Lucky knew this was right.  He knew that if he could spend his life with an angel, he'd be the happiest man in the world.

Elizabeth reached Lucky as he took her hand.  The music stop and the minister began... "We are gathered here today to witness the union between Lucas Lorenzo Spencer, Jr. and Elizabeth Webber..."

At the back of the church, a man in a black suit entered, watching the two young lovers get married.


 NEXT CHAPTER

 PREVIOUS CHAPTER


 MENU