Site hosted by Angelfire.com: Build your free website today!

Disclaimer: Diadem: Worlds of Magic does NOT belong to me. It belongs to Peel and his publishers, currently Llewellyn Worldwide. I highly respect his work and am making no profit from this, nor do I intend for this piece of fan fiction to interfere with his profits.

Author's Note: Takes place sometime after Book of Nightmares and before Book of War

-------

Diadem: Book of Thoughts

CHAPTER 8: “Nightmare Time”

by Luna

--------

        Morphos smiled, pleased with himself.  The three teenage magic-users had fallen right into his trap.  He had easily ‘overheard’ Blink’s telepathic call for assistance.  At first he was angry and even worried that Blink’s friends would try and interfere with his fun, until he realized that “playing” with them would be even more amusing than killing them on the spot. 

        Oh, the surprise he received when he scanned their minds once they stepped foot into the castle.  Reading minds was second nature to Morphos.  He could hardly turn off his ability to absorb any and all memories and thoughts of a person he was near.  Thus the shock he obtained when he discovered that the friends of Blink and his mother were the Triad’s potential selves reincarnated.  It seemed as if fate was hand-delivering him his chance for revenge. 

        His mind reading power made him privy to every inner demon and fear of the reincarnated Triad.  All he had to do was plant the worst possible illusion in their minds, and then sit back to enjoy their fear and mental anguish; the perfect revenge and entertainment wrapped up in one.

        Devising Shanara’s punishment had been even easier.  Morphos wanted her to pay for what she had done to him.  He wanted her to feel as trapped and helpless as he was when she imprisoned him.  Oh, yes.  The blame was mainly on her as he saw it.  What could be more fitting than forcing his own mother to be a slave to him; to love him or serve him on command, unable to control her own body?  Yes, that was the perfect punishment.  He didn’t even have to force full mind control to enslave Shanara.  All he had to do was make her believe that he was her master and that she was a helpless nothing without him. 

        Although it had been years since he had the opportunity to use his powers, he had learned much in his earlier childhood.  Controlling the emotions of one’s victims was just as effective as controlling the person entirely.  As exercising complete control over another opponent took a draining amount of magic and effort, it was a trick he learned early on.  To control his mother, it only took diminishing Shanara’s free will and self confidence.  Anything else would have forced him to resist her strong will constantly. 

         His thoughts focused back to the trio. 

         It was nightmare time.


Chapter 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |