.e.y.e.s. banner

+ updates +       + disclaimer +


M E N U

home

the webmistress

the galleries

the fanfiction

the animé character   of the month

the extras

the links

the polls

the guestbook

blue + green

©2002 aoi-midori

The Mysterious Cat
<iisnoopyzz>



Part: 4/6
Genre: no yaoi yet I am afraid
Pairing: SenRu
Disclaimer: Slam Dunk characters are own by Inoue Takehiko


After following Sendoh around for the entire day and enduring people's strange stares, Rukawa felt like exploding up. Finally, his suffering seemed to end as the school day is almost over, but stupid, irritating Sendoh decide to follow him to basketball practice, even though he couldn't play for another week. God, Rukawa is really starting to regret making that stupid bet with Sendoh more and more as time past by (poor Ru :(. Finally, after getting used to stupid people with nothing better to do than staring at him and Sendoh, they made their way to the gym. At first glance, the gym is clean and big and there are approximately twenty members for the team. A decent amount, but Rukawa know that not all of them would stay till the end, only the selected ones that are dedicated and passionate about basketball would stay till the end.


Coach Taoka Moichi: Sendoh what did you do to yourself?
Sendoh: Uh-sorry coach, I got into a little accident and from the look of it I won't be able to play or practice basketball for another week.
Coach Taoka Moichi: Sendoh, you are lucky that we don't have a competition till four weeks later and meanwhile I want you to get ready to work once that cast is off,
Sendoh: yes coach.
Coach Taoka Moichi: ok now getting back to business all the new members get in a straight line, and take turns introducing yourself to the team; we will start from the left side.
Rukawa: Rukawa Kaede, height: 187 cm, my position is small forward; first year in high school. People talking: hey isn't he the proclaimed genius basketball player from Tomigaoka Middle School?
People talking: yeah, look like we are going to be back up players for the next few years.
Hikiochi: my name is Hikiochi aide; I had never played basketball before, but I am very dedicated and will be a great contributed to the team and also I have done some research and found out that the greatest enemy for Ryonon would be…..
People talking: who is that guy, he can't seem to stop talking.

(Finally after all the new members introduce themselves, the previous member took turns introducing themselves to the first years.)


Uozumi: my name is Uozumi Jun and I am the team captain and I hope that all of you will be a great contributed to the team, and since this is my last year in high school, I wish that we would be able to make it to IH this year.
Akira Sendoh: hey everyone, I am Akira Sendoh, this is my second year so that means that I will be with you guys for one more year, oh yeah you will have to do the first week without me, because of my injured arms. And Rukawa, I will be waiting for you.

After getting everyone acquainted, Coach Moichi ordered everyone to ran 10 laps and be ready for a killer practice tomorrow.


Koshino: Sendoh, why are you being so nice to Rukawa, do you know him or something?
Fukuda: yeah Sendoh, we all have known you longer than that new kid, but you never waited for us, what is up with that.
Sendoh: hey guys, Rukawa and I have been friends all summer and since he is new in school, I have to look out for him.
Koshino: ok fine Sendoh; we are not going to argue with you anymore, I have to be somewhere today anyway.
Sendoh: (thinking "they are finally leaving") yo Rukawa, are you ready?
Rukawa: yeah I am ready. (thinking "lets get this over with")

They started to walk and occasionally Sendoh would use the excuse that his arm hurt and lean against Rukawa for support. Finally, they made it to Sendoh's house and by sheer coincidence (yeah right) no one was home, because Sendoh's family has all gone to Tokyo for a vacation and won't be back for at least two more weeks.


Sendoh: Rukawa, why don't you come in and get comfortable at my house, since you will be spending a lot of time here within the next week.
Rukawa: whatever
Sendoh: hey Rukawa, you are pretty popular with the ladies in our school, so do you have a girlfriend right now, huh.
Rukawa: no
Sendoh: (YESSSSS) Rukawa, you seem to be pretty open-minded, would you object male-to-male relationships?
Rukawa: no
Sendoh: (thinking, "this is a good sign, maybe if I ask him out now he will be so surprised that he will agree to go out with me"
Ring Ring Ring (phone)
Sendoh: (DAME stupid phone) Rukawa, wait I will get the phone first
Rukawa: sure
Sendoh: hello, this is Sendoh, who is calling?
Fujima: Sendoh, this is Fujima, just calling to see how you are feeling.
Sendoh: hi Fujima, I am fine don't worry about it, I mean at least now I have an excuse for not coming to practice. So is there something else that you want to talk to me about?
Fujima: yeah (getting his courage), I was wondering if you are free this weekend, I mean I would like to take you out for dinner to apologize for causing you any unnecessary trouble.
Sendoh: Fujima, I already told you that you don't have to worry about it (feeling piss off and anxiously wanting to get back to Ru).
Fujima: Sendoh, I am going to be straight with you, are you seeing anyone right now?
Sendoh: what????
Fujima: Sendoh, I like you and I want us to be together. (god I finally told him)
Sendoh: Fujima, I don't know what to say, I mean we barely know each other, and although currently I am not seeing anyone, I do have someone on my mind. I am sorry but I am afraid that we can't be together.
Fujima: why? Are you against this kind of relationship?
Sendoh: no, actually recently I discovered that I don't oppose male to male relationship, the truth is that there is someone that I want to be with right this moment and that person happen to be a guy.
Fujima: Sendoh, I know it is none of my business, but I can't give up without a fight, and I want to know whom I am fighting.
Sendoh: I am sorry Fujima, but I can't tell you, for as long as I live, I will protect him with my life.
Fujima: Sendoh, I won't give up, we belong together.
Sendoh: bye Fujima, I am sorry, but you will find someone who is right for you, the person can be right in front of you, all you have to do is look. Don't give up on me, because I will never change my mind and I will love him till I die, even if he wouldn't return my love.

After Sendoh hanged up on Fujima, he realized that he meant every word he said and he wanted Rukawa to be the one person for him. He wanted Rukawa to be his first and last lover. At this moment, Sendoh secretly make a vow to himself that no matter what happen between Rukawa and himself during this week, he will always cherish the time they spent together. To get Rukawa to accept himself as a lover and a friend is like a mission impossible right now for Sendoh. However, Sendoh won't give up. But in a twist of fate, while Sendoh was on the phone talking to Fujima, Rukawa walked in and overheard the conversion and wondered why the thought that Sendoh loved someone hurt him inside and that he didn't want Sendoh to belong to someone else. He wants Sendoh to be with him. And whomever Sendoh was talking to on the phone didn't matter. Sendoh will belong to him, Rukawa Kaede, even if Sendoh or that person that Sendoh like didn't know it yet. For the first time in his life, he, Rukawa Kaede had a goal to achieve and it surprised himself that it had nothing to do with basketball.


Sendoh: (walking and thinking, "maybe I should take a chance and ask Rukawa out, I mean what is the worst that could happen. Wait! What if Rukawa rejects me just like I rejected Fujima? I better wait till I am more certain that Rukawa has feelings for me.)
Rukawa: hey Sendoh, are we doing anything today, if not I am going home (need to plan strategies)
Sendoh: wait Rukawa, I am doing a poll for a friend, and the question is for guys only, ok ready; would you ever get involved in a male-to-male relationship.
Rukawa: yes, if it is someone I loved.
Sendoh: (good, so I have a shot) ok Rukawa, you can go home now and thanks for helping me with my books, and remember tomorrow you have to come and pick me up in your bicycle and take me to school.
Rukawa: fine (smiling, planning evil schemes)
Sendoh: bye Rukawa, don't forget to pick me up tomorrow (evil smile, need to think up plans to trap Rukawa)
Rukawa: bye Sendoh (need to make sure that Sendoh is mine and secretly cursing at the person that Sendoh love)


Comments??????

Uh this story is getting more and more confuse and it is ironic that if Sendoh told Rukawa his feeling, he would have Rukawa, but we will let him suffer.

iisnoopyzz

three // five