.
 
 
Sweetwater Station
Fan Fiction Index
Alphabetical by Author's 
FIRST Name

Last Updated: February 21, 2003
This site now contains 
101 Completed Stories and 5 Works-in-Progress

indicates a Winning Entry in the 2001 Fanfic Awards 
indicates a Songfic -- a story inspired by music

Cheyenne

From the Past, A New Beginning  {Buck, Ike, Teaspoon}  Buck's discovery of a mute half-breed girl may lead to new family for one of the Sweetwater residents.

Cindy

Iron Trail  {All Riders}  Sam Cain leads a posse after a group of clever bank robbers -- they're not leaving much of a trail for Buck to follow, and they have more challenges in store once the posse does catch up.  Entry #6 in the Sweetwater Station "Bits and Pieces" contest

Debra

Back Together Again Part One of The Rock Creek Adventurous Tales {Buck, Kid, Lou}  When a storm wrecks havoc on the lives at The Kid & Buck Horse Ranch, they get unexpected visitors returning home from the past. Will this be a blessing, or will their lives be turned upside down?
Ghosts from the Past Part Two of The Rock Creek Adventurous Tales {Buck, Kid, Cody}  Haunting and fond memories cause love, passion, deceit, and betrayal. Will they unite as a family to fight these memories, or will these memories tear them apart?
Standing Between Love and Betrayal  Part Three of The Rock Creek Adventurous Tales {Jimmy, Buck, Cody} Relationships come to a head and the murder investigation continues. 

Jessica

Two Halves to Make a Whole  {Buck} She’s half Iroquois in her heart. He is half Kiowa by blood.  She loved him before she knew who he was; the Spirits sent her to find him, in hopes that their two halves would make whole their souls.  ** In Progress **

Jill

Birthright  {Buck, Ike}   A run to a small town leads both Buck and Ike to revelations about their pasts... and a new beginning for one.    Winning Entry for the "Blood Brothers" contest at Vaya Con Dios, Ike

Karen

Promises{Buck} Buck races against time to find a kidnapped child, with a peace accord hanging in the balance.  Originally written for the Sweetwater Station "The Return of..." Fanfic Contest.
The Voice{Ike, Buck}  Ike is troubled by a mysterious vision.  Entry #2 in the Sweetwater Station "Bits and Pieces" fanfic contest

Kimberly Wright

Spirit of an Eagle  {Buck} With her contagious laughter and sparkling green eyes, would she be the one to help him let his friend’s spirit finally soar free?  Originally written for the Tucson Reunion 2001 Fanfic Night.
Cupid Strikes Again  {Buck} When it’s Valentine’s Day, you never know if Cupid will aim his arrow at you. So prepare to get struck when you least expect it.
Echoes of the Soul  {Buck} His soul seemed to beat in tune with hers when he recognized that the young woman was Sun Hawk's sister.
What The Heart Knows  {Buck} His heart spoke truth the moment his eyes met hers and he had the patience to wait for her…to listen to her own heart.
A Love Foretold  {Buck}  He’d met her once as a child, but now she was a grown woman. What was she doing in Sweet Water & why did he feel like claiming her for his own?   Conclusion
Annie  {Ike}  His heart nearly jumped out of his chest at the sight of the last lovely young lady to step from the stagecoach, but he had
to remember that she was already spoken for…or was she?  Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion

Kim Roberts

Star Crossed{Buck} A story of the way it was in the beginning...and for those who believe, the way it is still.  Originally written for the Tucson Reunion 2001 Fanfic Night.
Sorrows' Children  {Buck}   Memories of a lost loved one can heal a grieving heart... but first those memories must be faced.
Acts of a Mothers Love  {Buck} One act of cruelty led to his life.  Will Buck be able to come to terms with the pain from his past?
Demons{Buck}  Buck's inability to deal with his grief over Ike's death leads him to a devastating personal battle.

Lisa R.

When I Lay Me Down  {All Riders}  When you lose a friend, what would he say to you?  Originally written for the Tucson Reunion 2001 Fanfic Night.

Lori Olsen

Painless{Jimmy} Jimmy faces his toughest combatant -- his toothache from "Lady for a Night"! Originally written for the Tucson Reunion 2001 Fanfic Night.
Past Mistakes{Jimmy}  Jimmy faces down the worst mistake from his past...and it's nearly his undoing. Originally written for the Sweetwater Station "The Return of..." Fanfic Contest.
Helplessly, Hopelessly  {Lou}   Lou comes to realize that she CAN open herself to love.
Delicious to the Core  {Teaspoon}  The return of Polly has Teaspoon reflecting on love lost... and love renewed.
A Love Without End  {Jimmy}  A story about a love that never falters.
Foolish Pride  {Jimmy}  Jimmy leaves the Express to prove himself.  But is he leaving behind the one thing that he needs most?
No More I'm Sorry's  {Jimmy} Jimmy must strike out on his own if he's to deal with Bulldog's demise...
Can't Be Really Gone  {you decide!}  A poignant look at how the loss of Lou affects her husband.
Entreat Me Not   {Sam, Emma}   A decision Sam makes regarding his career comes as a shock to his new bride.
Born to the Stage   {All Riders}  With the riders help, Sweetwater gets a Christmas Pageant they won't soon forget!  ** Written with Miss Raye **
When You Were Mine   {Jimmy}  Years after the Express, Jimmy's struggles with his destiny lead him to despair...   ** In Progress **
A Grand Faire  {Jimmy, Cody}  Both Jimmy and Cody are in for a few surprises when they meet the Amazing Saltaire! 4th Entry for the Sweetwater Station "Bits and Pieces" contest
He Told a Good Story  {Teaspoon}  An old photo and a curious boy prompt some reminiscing.

Nell

Express Bakery  {All Riders}  A city writer gets an interesting perspective on the riders! Originally written for the Tucson Reunion 2001 Fanfic Night.
No Place Like Home  {Kid}  What if Kid didn't join the Pony Express?  Winning Entry for The Kidnation's "Alternate Universe" Fanfic Contest.
Growing Up   {Lou, Jimmy}  Lou and Jimmy gain wisdom from an unlikely source while on a trip to St. Joe. Originally written for the Sweetwater Station "The Return of..." Fanfic Contest.
If You Give Cody a Cookie  Part One of the "If You Give" Series  {Cody}  A circular story of Cody's quest for refreshment!
If You Tell Ike a Secret  Part Two of the "If You Give" Series {Ike} Another circular story, this time featuring Ike.  Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion
Letters{Lou, Kid}  Lou discovers a stash of old letters, and finds herself going on a trip down memory lane...   ** In Progress **

Paige

A Night on Spirit Mountain  {Jimmy, Buck}  Will it take otherworldly means for Jimmy to learn his lesson?  Entry #7 in the Sweetwater Station "Bits and Pieces" contest
Trouble  {All Riders}  A new addition to the express family gives the riders more than they bargained for.  Entry #8 in the Sweetwater Station "Bits and Pieces" contest

Raven

Sweet Samaritan  {Buck}  Buck is caught in a storm; his failure to return home sparks fears for his safety. Originally written for the Tucson Reunion 2001 Fanfic Night.
A Bride for Buck  {Buck}  Buck answers an ad placed by a mail-order bride, but does his new love really want a future with the half-breed? 
Life's Lessons  {Buck}   Buck believes he is content with a life spent raising Red Bear's son, until a new arrival challenges his notion of happiness and forces him to come to terms with his past. 
A Matter of Guilt   {Buck}  A seemingly hopeless court case could mean the end of Buck's life, until a saviour comes from an unlikely place.  Winning Entry for the Sweetwater Station "The Return of..." Fanfic Contest.
Something Wicked   {Buck}   Buck finds himself drawn to Lilah Wilson, but a mysterious assailant also wants Lilah... dead!
Stealing Hearts  {Buck}  A day at the market has strange consequences for Buck when he comes home with more than groceries.
Damaged{Buck}  Buck turns to his journal in a time of grief.
An Accidental Bride  {Buck}  A simple train trip turns into a hillbilly adventure for Buck.  Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion
Mystery Stew Dreams  {Buck, Ike}  Buck gets more than he bargained for when Ike does the cooking!  Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion
Never Judge the Book By Its Cover  {Buck}  A mysterious attack in a small town library leaves Buck mystified.. and mesmerized!
This House  {Buck}  Will images from the past haunt... or heal?

Miss Raye

It's All a Stage  {Jimmy}   I hope you all enjoy this little tale of spirited encounter in PX territory. Originally written for the Tucson Reunion 2001 Fanfic Night.
Jake Colter, Esq.  {Jimmy}  Jimmy is uncertain of Colter's intentions when the bounty hunter returns to Sweetwater. Originally written for the Sweetwater Station "The Return of..." Fanfic Contest.
Baptism by Fire  {Jimmy}  An earnest Jimmy learns life lessons from Sam -- the hard way.  Winning Entry for a Rival Riders contest.
Bleak Midwinter{Ike}  Caught in a snowstorm, Ike is aided by an unlikely quartet.
Breath of Heaven  {Lou}  Lou is enraptured by a new love.
A Dark Soul Set Free  {Buck}  The riders livesare threatened by a mysterious man in black who haunts their steps.
Deadly Secrets  {Kid, Lou}  When Kid is kidnapped, Lou and Jimmy race against time to find him.
Empty Chairs at the Table  {Rachel}  Rachel reflects on the changes that have come into her life. 
Even God Must Get the Blues  {Kid, Jimmy}   Jimmy and Kid both find themselves dealing with a  revelation from Lou  in a separate, yet similar, fashion.
Saves The Day   {Kid}  A tongue-in-cheek story about the special connection between a man and his horse.
Hey Mister  {Jimmy}  Feeling lost after 12 years away from his express family, Jimmy discovers a reason to feel again.
My Precious One  {Lou}   Faced with devastating news, the strength of Lou's family helps her to find peace.
One More Day  {Lou}   A struggle with the horrifying finality of war.
What I Really Meant to Say  {Jimmy, Lou}   After years apart, Jimmy and Lou reconnect.
The Way I Am When I'm With You   {Jimmy, Lou, Kid}  An incident in a saloon instills Lou with newfound confidence.
Valentine's Day, 1876  {Jimmy, Lou}   Lessons in love for Dara Hickok.
The Moment {Jimmy, Lou}  Jimmy deals with a new challenge -- fatherhood!
Born to the Stage   {All Riders} With the riders help, Sweetwater gets a Christmas Pageant they won't soon forget!  ** Written with Lori Olsen **
Kiss of Death  {All Riders}  What happens when Cpt. Vel Veeta threatens a cheese embargo?  It's the riders to the rescue!  Originally written for  Ponyexpressen's "Cowboys and Kisses" contest.
Cemetery Ridge  {All Riders}  A wartime tragedy reunites the riders.  Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion
Trickster  {Buck, Cody}  A mysterious woman arrives at the station.  Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion
Wayward Woman  {All Riders}  Lou gets more than she planned for after an eventful stagecoach ride.  1st entry in the Sweetwater Station "Bits and Pieces" fanfic contest

Red-Eye

The Great Underwear Salesman Murder Mystery   Part One of the Troubleshooters Series  {Barnett}     With Teaspoon and the riders out of town, Barnett gets the chance to shine.
The Train Bandits  Part Two of the Troubleshooters Series  {Barnett}  Barnett again meets up with Molly and ends up involved in another misadventure.
Peril at Laramie   Part Three of the Troubleshooters Series  {Barnett}  The continuing escapades of Barnett and a certain Pinkerton detective.
Iron Outlaw  Part Four of the Troubleshooters Series  {Barnett}   When a tin-plated gunman begins robbing the stage, Molly and Barnett investigate.
Along the Bloodred Trail   {Sam Cain}  The search for a killer from Sam's past could have a devastating impact on his future.
The Pugilist  {Kangaroo Kid}  A battle with "The Gauntlet" leads to an unexpected conclusion for the transplanted Aussie deputy.
Danger on the Overland Trail  {Kid}  A new job gives Kid a taste of adventure!  Originally written for the Riders Ranch "Ten Cent Hero" fanfic contest.
Bounty for a Bounty Hunter  {Jake Colter}  Jake finds himself in the unlikely position of "prey'" when a warrant is issued for his arrest.   Originally written for the Riders Ranch "Ten Cent Hero" fanfic contest.
Bush Rangers  {Kangaroo Kid}  Amanda is kidnapped, so Hack rides out to save the day!
A Night in Hays City  {Kid, Jimmy}  When you throw together Jimmy, Kid and Calamity Jane, you know you're in for trouble!  Sequel to "Danger on the Overland Trail"

Sameena

Lemony Snicket  {Cody, Jimmy}  A wager leads to a 'walk on the wild side' for Cody!  Entry #5 in the Sweetwater Station "Bits and Pieces" contest

Sharon Rovansek

Cross Over  {Buck}  Will Buck turn to other-worldly means to ease his heartache over Ike's death?
Red Bear & Running Buck  {Buck}  Sometimes it's only through dealing with loss that one can begin to find peace.

Tara

Hidden Heart  {Jimmy}  She came to town alone, seeming to need no-one.  When trouble finds her, one of the riders will make her realize that needing someone isn't as painful as she thought.  ** In Progress **

Ursula Renee

A Moment of Happiness  {All Riders}  Buck is anxious for some peace and quiet... let's just say, he's not exactly successful!  3rd Entry in the Sweetwater Station "Bits and Pieces" Fanfic Contest

Vicki

A Time To Heal   {Buck}   Buck must come to terms with his past if he is ever to embrace a future with newcomer Claire, who may be hiding secrets of her own.
Lifeline{Buck}  After Ike's death, Buck reflects on his life and their past.
Soul Dance{Buck}  Reflections and memories at the spring dance.  Originally written for the Tucson Reunion 2001 Fanfic Night.
To Belong  Part One of the Belonging Series  {Buck}  A rewrite of the episode "Pride and Prejudice".  Originally written for The Buck Stop "What If" Contest.
All I Ever Wanted  Part Two of the Belonging Series {Buck}   Buck is reunited with a lost love, but will the couple be able to overcome the past?  ** In Progress **
Kindred Spirits  {Buck, Lou}   When Buck is stricken with a unfathomable illness, does Lou hold the secret to his salvation?
Haunted{Jimmy}   Jimmy prepares to leave the Express.
First, Last and Always  {Teaspoon, Lou}  When Lou presents him with a problem in her marriage, Teaspoon is drawn into sharing memories of his own first love. Winning entry in the Writers Ranch "A Piece of Pie" Fanfic Contest.
Parting Gifts  {Buck}   A young Running Buck leaves Red Bear and the Kiowa.  Originally written for the Writers Ranch "Trademark" Fanfic Contest.
Kiss Me Deadly  {All Riders}  A chance encounter on a lonely road leads to radical transformations and shifting alliances for the riders.   Originally written for the Ponyexpressen "Cowboys and Kisses" contest.
True Tales of the West: Bold Savage  {Buck} A "Ten-Cent Novel" tale of Running Buck. Winning Entry in the Writers Ranch "Ten Cent Hero" contest
Express Mail  {you decide!}  Inside the mind of a rider on a run.  Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion
Promises of Silver  {Buck, Tompkins}  Trapped together, Buck and Tompkins strive for understanding.  Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion
Zardoc and the Evil from the Eighth Dimension  {All Riders}  Rayguns, silver jumpsuits, evil dictators... it's just another day at the waystation...
A Place in the Sun  {Jimmy}  There are many paths that Jimmy can take after leaving the Express... but which one leads to happiness?
Jimmy's Got a Girlfriend  {Jimmy} There ain't no hiding it when the love-bug strikes!
Spike the Magic Dragon  {Cody}  Cody entertains Emma's children.  Written for the Writers Ranch "Story Before Bed" contest

Wild Wind

Dreams Really Do Come True  {Buck}  Buck is inexplicably drawn to an injured woman.   Written for the 2002 Tucson Fan Reunion

Standard Disclaimer:
Recognizable characters in these stories are the property of the copyright holders of "The Young Riders".  No infringement of copyright by any rights-holder to The Young Riders is intended or implied.  The Fan Fiction authors receive no monetary benefit from the electronic distribution of their work.  However, the original characters created by each author and the ideas expressed within each story are the copyright of the respective author.  Please do not further distribute these works without permission from the author. 


Interested in submitting a story?
Just get in touch!  All genres and ratings levels from G to PG-13  are accepted.  Please include a brief synopsis with your submission.  Documents must be sent as MS-Word files, as rich text files,  or in the body of an email.  Thanks!


.

.